8○ 130 AC: LIGHT

Start from the beginning

"Who was he?" Vaera didn't know what was going on. Luke didn't remember Aemond. He remembered her, but not Aemond?

"I- " She didn't know what to say. Of course, he didn't just forget Aemond. "Come on, we have to get you to your mother." Luke now looked confused.

"My mother?" He asked. "Who's that?" Vaera was really confused. Luke didn't remember his own mother.

"Can you tell me your name?" Vaera asked. "Luke." Was all he said. "I mean, your full name?" He looked down, trying to remember his name, but he couldn't.

Luke didn't remember anything. All he remembered was her. "Can you tell me what else you can remember?" Vaera asked.

"I remember the man that took my arm. I don't know who he was, and I don't remember his face, but he had silver hair like you."

Vaera touched her hair, still freaked out by the whole situation. She'd brought Luke back, but it was as if only half of him was back. "Do you remember your brothers?" Luke looked confused.

"Daemon?" He shook his head. "So all you can remember is me?" He nodded. "I can remember your name, and I can remember that you were kind to me."

Vaera looked at the boy, trying to process what had just happened. He didn't remember anything. She could still protect him from the war.

She whistled loudly for Meraxes, who was quick to come. Luke's eyes widened as he looked at the dragon. "You have a dragon?" Vaera nodded, still very confused. How did Luke not remember a thing? Luke didn't even remember Arrax...

"I'm gonna take you home." Luke nodded and followed her to the dragon. Vaera helped him get on.

She didn't feel great about lying to him, but taking him somewhere else would keep him safe. Keep him out of harm's way.

As they flew away on Meraxes, Vaera looked back. She knew she was going in the opposite direction of Dragonstone, but it needed to be done.

Once they arrived in the small fisherman's village, she helped Luke get down from Meraxes as she walked with him around the village.

Luke's cloak hung over where his arm used to be. He was no longer bleeding. Vaera made sure of that.

She didn't know what her plan was, but she made sure to put her cloak over her head so no one would see her hair.

Silver hair tended to make you stand out, even if you weren't in Westeros. This was a fact that would allow Vaera to recognize someone she never thought she would've seen.

When Vaera turned her head to look where to walk next, she thought she saw a ghost. The man that walked past them had a striking resemblance to the late Laenor Velaryon. Only the man's hair was incredibly short.

The short hair didn't help, however, because Laenor had gotten sloppy. After six years, he thought he'd let his hair grow a bit.

The hair that did grow, however little there was, was unmistakably silver, which caused Vaera to instantly recognize the man.

When she looked in the direction of the man again, he made eye contact with her. As she walked closer to the man, he only looked confused. He didn't recognize her.

It was only when she practically stood right in front of him that he looked at the boy next to her. This boy he definitely recognized. This boy was his son. This was Lucerys Velaryon.

When Laenor attempted to run, Vaera grabbed him by the arm, stopping him in his tracks. When he saw her hair, his heart began beating faster.

This wasn't just a girl with white hair. This wasn't a bastard. This was a trueborn Targaryen princess.