7○ 130 AC: THE END OF STORMS

Start from the beginning

"I am Prince Lucerys Velaryon." Luke began. "And I am Princess Vaera Targaryen." Vaera said, looking at the guards in front of her. "We bring a message to Lord Borros from the Queen."

The guards nodded sharply and led them inside. Once they were inside, the guards announced them.

"Prince Lucerys Velaryon. Son of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen." As Luke was announced, Vaera saw a familiar face staring at them.

Aemond glared at his sister, and she returned the favor. Vaera also noticed that the guard called Rhaenyra the princess and not the Queen, making the bad feeling in the pit of her stomach even worse.

"And Princess Vaera Targaryen. Daughter of the late King Viserys Targaryen and his wife, Dowager Queen Alicent Hightower."

The black-haired Lord stared at Vaera and Luke as they stood in the middle of the castle. "Lord Borros..." Luke began as the thunder roared outside.

"I brought you a message from my mother... the Queen." Vaera could see the Lord's face contort as he looked at Luke.

"Yet, earlier this day, I received an envoy from the King. Which is it? King of Queen? The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it."

The Lord laughed at his own joke, making Vaera scrunch up her face. She hated it when people were amused by their own jokes.

"What's your mother's message?" The Lord asked, his booming voice echoing throughout the room.

Luke held the scroll to the guard standing closest to him, who took it to the black haired Lord.

Lord Borros sighed as he held the scroll. "Where's the bloody Maester?" He yelled in frustration.

A small man ran off to get the Maester as Vaera looked at Luke. He clutched his sword as he stared at Aemond.

Vaera extended a hand to Luke, reminding him that she was still there. The boy was scared, she could see that, but he put on a brave face in front of the Lord of Storm's End.

"Remind me of my father's oath?" The Baratheon Lord asked, almost comedically. "King Aegon at least came with an offer. My swords and banners for a marriage pact."

The Lord looked at Lucerys. "If I do as your mother bids, which one of my daughters will you wed, boy?" He asked.

"My Lord, I am not free to marry. I'm already betrothed." Luke said. Vaera could tell the boy was noble and honorable just by the way he spoke.

"And you? Suppose you got the short end of the stick. I only have one son." He looked at Vaera.

"I am not free to marry either, my Lord. And if you forget, he isn't either." Lord Borros looked at Aemond, a frown displaying across his brute features.

"He is my betrothed." Vaera continued. "You broke that vow when you ran off to your Strong boy." Aemond said bluntly. He would never admit it, but he was hurt when Vaera took off.

He still had a lot of love in his heart for his sister, but she couldn't stand for the injustice committed by her grandfather.

"So you come with empty hands?" Lord Borros asked as Luke looked down. "Go home, pup. And tell your mother that the Lord of Storm's End is not some dog she can just whistle up at need to set against her foes."

Vaera looked at the black-haired Lord. "Perhaps we don't come with empty hands." Lord Borros looked at Vaera. "Go on."

"We come with numbers. We've already received declarations for the Queen from multiple houses, including House Velaryon. If this is to become a war, it is likely one that Queen Rhaenyra will win. Believe me, my Lord, you do not want to be labeled an oathbreaker."