V. FOR HUMANITY

✦ EPIPHANY - BY -C3NTURIES ✦

― "IGURO-SAN!" tanjiro calls in happiness, but his happiness fades to horror as he sees the pillar's scarred face.

for a moment, muzan's attacks cease as his latest attempt to kill tanjiro hit a building.

"what happened?! did you get those injuries from protecting me?!" tanjiro yells in shock.

"i received them a while ago. you never stop worrying about people, do you?" obanai remarks almost casually, preparing his sword as muzan begins to attack the two of them again.

"i can assist you!" tanjiro shouts.

"i have kaburamaru to assist me. focus on yourself!" obanai shouts back as he dodges an attack that obliterated an entire chunk of another building behind him.

suddenly, obanai found him trading blows with muzan. he was able to quickly defend himself and strike back thanks to kaburamaru, who stayed carefully curled around his neck.

'if it wasn't for that drug tamayo had given him, we all would have been killed instantly.' he analyzes. 'muzan's recovery has slowed down, even if ever so slightly.'

"forty minutes until dawn! repeat, forty minutes until dawn!" a kasugai crow caws to the two remaining fighters. 

muzan suddenly flees, realizing there is little time left to stay in the open.

'muzan isn't a samurai with pride or a human being who acts on emotion. he's a thing that only clings to life!'

as muzan trampled on the corpses of the demon slayers he killed, obanai ran forward and pierced the demon lord's body with his blade.

"kaburamaru!" tanjiro yells to the serpent wrapped around obanai's neck. "grab yushiro's paper talismans! they'll help you and iguro-san see!"

kaburamaru does so, slithering onto the ground and taking the talismans. since yushiro's blood demon art was already activated, both him and obanai were able to use their vision in conjunction.

the two of them, along with tanjiro, drove muzan into a corner and left him no room to escape.

as muzan stops moving, the two demon slayers believe they have finally won against the demons and would be able to kill the demon lord.

but their hopes get dashed to pieces as muzan warps his torso, hitting the two with a shockwave that sends them flying. obanai wasn't able to see where tanjiro was thrown to, and he immediately seizes as he hits a solid surface.

'how... could i be... so foolish..?!' he thought as the painful seizure continued.

as his breathing fell shallow but steady, he looked up through blurry eyes and saw a flash of pink and green fly across the battlefield.