This might as well be your thirteenth reason, this book was one of the few reasons you find this tiring life worth living. But you might as well un-list it.

It was already deep in the night, you sighed. Turning to your side and dropping your phone softly in the bed, you felt your stomach grumble. Maybe eating only one cup noodles for today wasn't a good idea.

You rose from your bed, ready to scavenge your cabinet and refrigerator to find some food to relieve your grumbling stomach. With disheveled hair and pajamas, you exited your room with your barefoot touching the cold floor of your lonely home.

You switched the light on when reaching the hallway that makes you feel like you're in a horror movie, wincing as your eyes got shocked by the sudden brightness. But you just ventured on until you entered the kitchen that's devoid of personal touch except the pile of eaten cup food in the corner that stayed untouched. Maybe you should go and clean that soon, after you find something to eat.

You began to rummage through the cabinets, no food at all, refrigerator, empty. Every other nooks and cranny, none. That left you no choice but to go outside with your pajamas in the middle of the night where there's a chance that every store you know of is closed. You might starve like you always did, forgetting to eat just because of work and reading novels. 

But it's better to try scavenging for something to eat ain't it? That way you won't starve knowing you tried to relieve your stomach in some way. 

"Right, let's go for some late night shopping." 

And so you went without even changing out. After all, it is in the middle of the night and no one would be in their right mind to judge you right? Not that people would be still out in a neighborhood like this. 

                                           =

"Just a few pennies left." You said while slurping noodles in a convenience store that happened to run 24/7. You sat there in a stool, feeling your pockets hurting as you stare at the pennies that was left in your salary you just got this month. Suppose you can live with these until the next comes, you've always have been the budget expert after all. (Not really.)

Life has been tough as an work from home employee who's pay is not enough to get yourself through the month. It doesn't help that your parents always spams you for financial help when its evident that they can get through by themselves and obviously earn more than you. They're milking you, their adopted daughter, showed you masked benevolence with all bad ulterior motive there is. 

You sighed, feeling your head hurting just from thinking about those imbeciles. If only you had been adopted to a good family instead, none of these would've happened. 

If you were to die right now, you wouldn't say anything at all and just accept your fate with grace. Heck you'd even thank the heavens for ending your life. You can say that if fate gives you a chance then you'd take it. 

Now now, save that talk for later. 

You stood up, already finished with your cup noodle of a meal. You cleaned up your mess, you still have dignity and respect to others, besides you know how irritating it is cleaning after costumers who doesn't know how to clean after themselves. 

"Thank you for purchasing, have a safe trip home!" You heard the woman behind the counter say but you said nothing in return, only stepping out of the store. Swinging the door open, you shivered when the air breezed by, it's sheer temperature stinging your skin, the hairs on it standing up with goosebumps with how cold it is. Perhaps you should've at least bought a jacket with you. 

Or perhaps the reason for your goosebumps wasn't caused by the temperature, but instead was the cold barrel of the gun pressed against your temple. 

You mentally cursed, how lucky. 

You didn't even try moving, knowing that your brain might explode moment you do. But you can see in your peripheral vision the man with his face clad in black mask, only his eyes seen like any typical thieves you see in movies and manhwa. 

If only you were like the other characters in the novels and stories you've read, you could flip this man within a second. But with your weak institution and body, you would be the one flung instead. 

And so you stayed still, your phone in hand which was immediately snatched by the asshole. Moreover, like he wasn't satisfied, he pressed the gun harder against your head. You hissed at the sensation, well at least you can feel what the female lead is feeling when being hostage, the only difference was that no one is here to rescue you. 

"Give me your money." You heard his deep voice, you gulped. His tone sounded to that of an someone who's ready to kill any second. The gun he's pointing at you is one main evidence. 

But you aren't someone to give your money so easily to strangers. You still need these to buy a presumably new phone and candies to eat when hungry. However that wasn't the only reason, it's because you're embarrassed that you're only giving a few pennies to your robber. If he were to see your money, you bet he'd pity you and give you money instead. 

So you relented. 

"Do I look like someone with cash in their pocket?" You said. Insultingly, you did feel him stare at you who's in pajama and I'm-as-broke-as-you-dude clad clothes. You felt the barrel of the gun retreat a bit. He must've been regretting robbing you. Don't worry, you would too. 

But that all changed within a second when he pressed the gun harder than before that you're starting to feel fear and froze.

"Just....just give whatever there is." He stuttered, his tone resigned. 

So you took whatever is left from your pocket and showed him, albeit embarrassed when showing the few pennies that could be mistaken as an preschoolers lunch money. "It's all I have with me. "

He went silent for a bit, as if contemplating if you're just joking or not. "I'm sure you have more there."

"No, that's the only thing I have now. You can check my everything and my house and my bank, you won't find a single penny. " You said with full of seriousness. 

You heard him groan, the gun fully retreating away from you. You feel him push your hand away, much to your confusion. Duh because he's supposed to take it away from you like any good ol' thief. You stared at the man with confusion and you saw him fully pocket your phone and hide his gun. 

"Keep it, it's just a few changes anyways. You need them more than me." The thief is unexpectedly a gentleman? 

"Uhm thanks?" You uttered, almost speechless at the exchange. Looks like your hunch of a theif pitying you became true. You must've been that pathetic in his eyes that he stopped robbing you. 

"I'll be keeping the phone though." Of course that didn't stop him from robbing the only valuable thing you have in possession. Then he just turned around and went on his way inside the shop you just exited, presumably to rob the place where there's a guaranteed lot of money. Your body screamed for you to go inside to stop him and save the clerk. However you're too numb to even stop him and scream, it's already embarrassing enough to be pitied. 

But you'd take any chance to die, like you said. Maybe this time you can go die by going in to help the clerk. Perhaps being hit by ammo won't hurt that much when you get hit in the head or heart right? 

Only one way to find out. 

Without any hesitation left in your body and consciousness, you moved your feet to take the first step towards the store where you decided would be your final place to be found alive. You were about to come running inside the store when you heard extreme shouts of panic and beeps of an extremely large vehicle. 

You turned your head and was blinded by the overly-bright headlights of the vehicle. Oh look, the same thing that rams people to another world. 

A truck. And it's going straight to your direction, showing no sign of stopping. Or rather, it really can't stop. 

"Get out of the way miss!" 

And boom, it went. 

-

Was contemplating whether to make Mc get hit by an ambulance instead. Wouldn't be that great. You get hit then get transported immediately.