A Stop in at Mine

"Right along then." Aziraphale stood eagerly at the passenger door of the Bently.

"Ok, get in angel." Crowley sighed, though he was rather quite glad that Aziraphale had decided to come along. It wasn't as if he had anyone else to talk to.

Aziraphale seemed quite eagerly chipper sat in the front seat of the car, he didn't even grab onto any handles or doors while Crowley drove, though it should be noted that Crowley was driving uncharacteristically sensibly that night. Aziraphale continued to talk about his books and what fine set of first editions of some long-dead author he had miraculously gotten his hands on recently. There was no talk about the situation, or about what they were going to Crowley's flat to do, or what Crowley was going to do with himself afterwards. He felt bad that the angel had even offered him a place to stay for the time being, he knew for himself that he'd only take it up for a short while. In all the time that they had ever known each other, Crowley had only ever stayed in Aziraphale's bookshop one time during the 1940s and he sure hadn't meant to fall asleep. He had just been very tired and a little drunk, it was the Angel who let him stay where he was for the night and it felt odd that he had done so.

The Bently rolled to a gentle stop, the streets quiet and the night still covering everything in a looming darkness. Both of them knew to stay quiet while they made sure there were no demons lurking about the streets. If there had been, Crowley would have definitely seen them.

"Right, I think it's ok." He kept his eyes watching down the road lit only by the street lamps few and far between. He stepped out of the car, waiting for the angel to do the same. He took himself across the road and made his way up to the front door of the flat, pulling it open so Aziraphale could make his way up first.

"Oh- no, thank you. You can go first." Aziraphale anxiously looked away and pat the side of Crowley's arm to edge him on.

"There's no one 'ere, angel." Crowley spoke as he made his way up the dimly lit staircase. Aziraphale followed behind as quickly as was convenient but Crowley still made it to the top far before he did. "After you." Crowley let him in with a sort of teased smile. Aziraphale entered in, all was the same as it had been before. After all, he had been to Crowley's flat only a few days ago, give or take the day or days that may or may not have now existed.

"Seems empty." He said searching the walls with his eyes.

"'Course it is!" Crowley walked confidently through the rather unsettlingly minimalist flat and made his way into a far-off room. "They ain't gonna come for us yet. Not any time soon." His voice called back.

"Right..." Aziraphale stood rather cautiously by the desk. He ran his fingers along the top of the impressive gold chair that Crowley had set up for himself. Aziraphale had no idea why he had such a thing or where he even got it from. He watched down the hallway of luscious green plants, all the way down to the particularly odd statue that stood at the end. He rather not ask or comment on that one. "Your plants look lovely. Have I said that before?" He spoke in the general direction of which Crowley had walked off to.

"You had done, yeah." Crowley walked back with two large cardboard boxes and sat them on the table.

"You couldn't possibly fit all your thing in there." Aziraphale scoffed.

"Hm? Mm- neah, these're just for my plants. Be a shame to leave them here."

"Oh. Crowley, did we seriously come back here just for your plants? We can get new ones of those- how are you ever even going to take them all? They're quite large." Aziraphale looked back down the hallway at the plants which were much larger than a person was tall. Once again, he felt as though Crowley was being ridiculous.