5○ 130 AC: WAR AND PEACE

Start from the beginning

"But that war is not mine to begin. I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house. The Greens are coming for you, Rhaenyra. And for your children. But she is not one of them."

Rhaenys looked up at Vaera before speaking again. "You should leave Dragonstone at once." Rhaenys prepared to walk away, but Rhaenyra dubbled over as she groaned in pain before getting a knowing look on her face.

She lifted her dress and stuck her hand up it, and when it re-emerged, it was covered with blood. "The babe is coming." She said softly.

Rhaenys then helped her to her chamber as Vaera made her way down the steps. She quickly ran to Rhaenyra's side and held her up until they reached her chambers, where she removed her dress and started pacing.

Vaera wanted to help her sister. She knew Rhaenyra was the rightful queen. She knew Aegon was only put on the throne because of her grandfather's ambitions.

She couldn't help but resent Rhaenyra a little for the love their father carried for his only child. But that was all things to be forgotten about.

Vaera had only witnessed childbirth once, and that was when a handmaiden gave birth to her son.

Vaera had been there to hold her hand and watched the life drain out of her once the child was born. It was truly a horrific experience, and she wished nothing like it for her sister or the babe.

"Princess Rhaenys. Please call my sons. I need to see them." Rhaenys nodded before walking off.

As Rhaenys left, Vaera wanted to go as well, Rhaenyra stopped her. "Wait. Stay." She said between shuddered breaths.

"Are you sure?" Rhaenyra nodded as the Septon made his way in to talk to the midwife.

"Her term is far from complete. This should not be happening." Rhaenyra stepped closer to the Septon. "It is fucking happening."

Another midwife made her way to Rhaenyra. "Keep your head about you, Princess. Come." She said.

"We've done this five times before. Keep your spirit, and the sixth won't be any different." Rhaenyra shrugged their hands away.

"Get off! Get off! Get off! Get off!" She yelled. "Ow, ow, ow." Vaera's brows were furrowed in concern as she stepped closer to her sister.

She held her hand out for Rhaenyra to take and she grabbed it, squeezing hard. Vaera couldn't even imagine how much pain her sister was in.

Her nails dug into Vaera's skin, but she didn't say anything. It reminded her of the handmaiden. She knew Rhaenyra was suffering. "Mother?" Vaera looked at the doorway at the familiar voice.

Rhaenyra let go of Vaera's hand and grabbed onto a pillar. "Fuck." Rhaenyra let out a pained groan.

Jace looked at Vaera. Her eyes looked tired. They were no longer the bright ones he knew. He didn't expect to see her there.

"Princess." The maester uttered. Rhaenyra gave Vaera a pleading look as she breathed heavily. "King Viserys has passed." Vaera said.

"V-Viserys?" Luke asked, stuttering. Rhaenyra managed to turn and look at her sons. "The Greens have repudiated the succession and claimed the Iron Throne."

She whimpered in pain once again. "Aegon has been crowned king." Vaera stated as Jace looked at her and then at his mother.

"What is to be done about it?" Jace asked. "Nothing yet." Rhaenyra spoke despite the pain. "And where is Daemon?" Jace asked.

"I don't know. Gone to madness. Gone to plot his war." Rhaenyra rubbed her stomach. "Leave Daemon with me." Luke followed behind him.

"Jace..." Rhaenyra muttered. "Jacaerys!" The boy finally stopped. "Whatever claim remains to me, you are now its heir. Naught is to be done but by my command."