-Chapter 4- Dance Par-Tay and A Semi Wreck -

Start from the beginning

It was freezing, and the leather on the seat didn't help. My infernal shivers crackled the paper, and it seemed to echo in my head. My head reeled in response, landing me more blurred in thought than before, and I blundered to catch hold of the door. Something clicked and the soft whir of the air conditioning stopped, but the rattling of my bones with it's freezing essence that still clung to the air shuddered on.  

"Sorry, you must be freezing." I recognized the voice, but I couldn't put my finger on where from. It was male, with a sort of varying tone that would've made a great story-teller. And I had an odd sensation that I'd heard him tell one before... 

He wore the typical doctors outfit, long white and thin robe with buttons and I.D. clipped to it's pocket, blue scrubs under that. He had a stethoscope wrung about his neck, he gave me a friendly smile. I barely returned a tired gaze and a suppressed sigh.  

"It's early for an appointment. Something going on today?" I nearly told him the real reason, but halved the truth instead. 

"We have to go to Doncaster later, hit the plane and go." We really did have to go to Doncaster, to preform and Louis decided we wouldn't have a better chance to tell his parents. But that'd be in a few weeks, not today.  

"But you don't live around here?" 

"We travel. A lot." I said simply. He accepted it and looked over the clipboard, sitting in the chair with a puff of air escaping from his weight.  

"Just in here for a check-up, then, I can't do much else at this stage." He quietly took my heart rate and the baby's, allowing me to listen as he had me sit up and check my reflexes. My legs refused to kick, but he was a creative doctor to legitimately check. 

"I'm not going to hurt you." 

"What-?!" He threw what looked like a powerful punch in my direction, so I ducked and rolled onto the floor all ninja-like, like my parkour cousin taught me to, in defense. It was the most awake and clear I'd felt in months. My eyes were sharp even in the darkness pouring through the window, lights shedding light only where he stood. My ears, that had felt plugged with exhaustion, could've heard someone walking in the waiting room. The once overwhelming smell of sterility now smelled like Windex and other household cleaners. I felt wide-awake. But almost as soon as it came, it faded slowly into my original state, and I collapsed from my ready-squatting position to a clumsy flop of a sit. I sighed.  

"That's really all I can do, unless you want to pay extra for the cervical-" 

"Uh, no, thanks, I guess. Your voice is hauntingly familiar..." I hadn't meant to let that thought slip. He smiled. 

"Are you on YouTube a lot?" 

"Yeah...-OHMAIGOD, you're Cry, aren't you?!" He laughed and nodded.  

"What gave it away?" 

"Not your face." I laughed. "I love your storytelling segment." 

"I don't get that often." I said my good-byes, but had him sign the beanie Louis had...basically GIVEN to me. Mine now. He drew a Cry on there and I loved it, putting it on and contently paid and left.  

It was warmer but muggy outside in the Florida air. Luckily the sweater I took from Louis was breezy enough, but not holy so I should wear a tank under. The only outer clothing I was wearing of my own was probably just my boots. Too lazy to wear anything but sweats and it was funny to watch Louis pitch a fit over me stealing his stuff.  

He looked half-asleep, eyes glazed over in tire, and I think he'd given up trying to sleep. He barely reacted when I got in the car and shut the door. 

"How was the appointment?" He mumbled sleepily and yawned. I shrugged. 

"Why do you steal my stuff and then DEFACE it?!" He ran a finger under the beanie where Cry signed it.  

"I guess it's mines now." He shook his head, tiredly smiling, and kissed my cheek. I ignored the gesture other than a blink and a little smile, and laid my head on the center console. He ruffled my hair and turned on the car.  

"Can I just chill on the bus while you guys perform? I think I'll take a nap...and be pregnant...doing pregnant stuff..." 

"How come, button? Sleepy?" 

"I guess." I muttered. I pulled the beanie further down my head, curling my hands beneath my head and just wishing I could fall asleep faster. 

Suddenly, instead of the smell of the car's cherry-scented air freshener. It smelled familiar and sweet. It made me hungry. And Louis held it in his hand, a thick wad on a knife. 

"Nutella..." He stuck the knife in his mouth, smiling when I scowled, jealous. "You cruel bastard." He laughed and removed the knife from his tongue, clean from any of the chocolate soy bean goodness.  

"You can have some, just don't stick your finger in it." 

"Well I don't exactly have a knife, too!" 

"We're basically related, right?" 

"No, I'm just carrying your kid." I took the knife from him anyhow, scraping an even bigger helping than he'd had, and making sure he didn't get a chance to get a crack at it. He laughed but I was more concerned with the chocolate flavoring on my tongue. I heaped another helping, he used his guy powers to snatch a bit off the tip. I scrabbled at him and he let it go so I wouldn't get hurt. I bit down on it so we couldn't yank it out of my mouth. He laughed. 

"Fine. Have it. It's Liam's, so..." 

"The knife?" 

"The Nutella, genius."  

"Oh. Oh okay." I laughed at my own idiocity. "Can I keep it?" 

"Sure, not mine." He pondered a moment. "I wonder what Nutella covered carrots would taste like..." 

"You would, because you're Louis." He shrugged, driving with one hand on the steering wheel. I shook my head and closed my eyes.  

And everything went black, darker than it, or so it seemed.

Ooh, cliffeh! Dedicated to XxCatearsxX for the lovely talk and intriguing profile picture...