Meanwhile, Psyche observed the scene from a small high window, its features impassive and neutral.

A fleeting smirk graced Rashta's lips, unseen by all, before her expression shifted once more to one of feigned pity and nervousness as Navier's gaze fell upon her.

"Do you truly accept this divorce without any objections?" the priest queried, his expression solemn.

"Yes. I accept," She replied, looking at the priest. Even now, she was still able to keep her emotions intact, not letting her emotions get in the way.

Navier responded, her gaze fixed upon the priest. Even now, she maintained her composure, refusing to allow her emotions to overtake her.

Sovieshu, a smile of relief gracing his countenance, wiped a bead of sweat from his temple. He probably wished to maintain the facade of a noble and virtuous emperor, even as he cast Navier aside in favor of the woman he loved.

The priest, his duty fulfilled, bowed his head respectfully, acknowledging Navier's acceptance of the fate that had befallen her.

"So be it," he murmured, his voice laced with a mix of solemnity and compassion.

The courtroom remained hushed, as the reality of the divorce settled upon the gathered assembly.

Finally, the arduous trial reached its conclusion, with the final signatures marking the official dissolution of their marriage.

The weight of the moment hung heavy in the air as Navier, having fulfilled her duty, turned to walk away from the courtroom. However, a voice, tinged with a blend of gratitude and solemnity, pierced the silence.

"Navier, thank you," Sovieshu uttered, his words carrying a mix of relief and sincerity. Navier paused, her back still turned to him, and cast a sidelong glance in his direction, her expression unreadable.

In her mind, she couldn't help but reflect, 'He's offering his thanks when it was I who had no choice in the matter.'

Silently, she continued her stride, resolute in her decision.

"Just ensure that you rule the Eastern Empire with utmost care," she replied, her words carrying a sense of finality.

With those parting words on her lips, Navier departed the courtroom, the realization sinking in that she was no longer the empress of the Eastern Empire.

(No guys, Navier and Claude won't remarry each other because I wanted the story to be quite different from the original remarried empress story 😔)

"Navier

"Navier..." Duchess Trovi's voice trembled with emotion as she spoke through her tears, gently dabbing at her moistened eyes with a cloth.

"Since you will no longer hold the title of empress, you will come and reside in the Trovi estate, won't you?" Her father, Duke Trovi, questioned with a mournful expression etched upon his face.

"Yes, father," Navier replied, her voice laced with a solemn yet resolute tone.

Her father sighed, a mix of sadness and frustration palpable in his words as he muttered, "That man... When he was young, he seemed like such a good-natured child. Yet, somehow, things have turned out this way."

Navier remained silent, her gaze cast downward, her form nestled into the soft embrace of a chair.

Her father shook his head, attempting to dispel the somber atmosphere. "But fret not. Your brother will return from his duties to see you. He will be pleased to have you staying with us," he reassured her, a flicker of warmth gracing his lips.

Navier offered a simple nod, her smile still tinged with a tinge of sadness. Thoughts swirled in her mind, a whirlwind of emotions and contemplations.

'Once I move to my parents' home, I know my feelings will transform. After all, I had grown accustomed to the life I led within the palace walls.'

A week had passed since Navier had settled into the peaceful rhythm of life at the Trovi estate

A week had passed since Navier had settled into the peaceful rhythm of life at the Trovi estate. While memories of her time as the empress still lingered in her mind, she had managed to acclimate to living among her family once again.

In the present moment, Navier found solace in the confines of a comfortable chair, engrossed in the pages of a book.

'I wonder if Queen and Psyche will come to visit me...'

Her eyelids drooped slightly, a faint frown creasing her brow. 'It has been a whole week, and I have not seen them since the divorce.'

Navier contemplated whether the two messenger birds were aware of the Trovi estate's location, considering she had not received any visits from them.

However, her ponderings were abruptly interrupted by the distinct sound of wings flapping and the tapping of a bird's beak against the windowpane.

Startled, Navier turned her gaze towards the window, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Psyche..." she breathed, a mixture of relief and joy coloring her voice. Rising from her seat, she carefully placed her book aside and made her way to the window, opening it to invite the bird inside.

"Psyche, how did you manage to find me?" she questioned with a soft smile, embracing the bird as it perched on her outstretched arm, returning the affectionate gesture with its own feathery embrace.

"Coo," the bird chirped happily before hopping onto a nearby table and extending its foot, which held a small letter.

Navier's curiosity piqued as she noticed the letter. it was from Emperor Claude.

Her brows raised in surprise, contemplating how he had known of her whereabouts. Perhaps he had instructed Psyche to locate her specifically to deliver the letter.

With a mix of anticipation and trepidation, she slowly unfolded the letter, her eyes widening further as she read its contents.

[I am in the Eastern Empire. I wish to see you.]