1.80 In Which They Rave (part two)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Eventually, they migrated to the dance floor. Matt put his hands on her waist and Ellie forced herself to move instead of shove him away from her. The only person she wanted to be dancing with was her freaking boyfriend, not some guy who seemed to think that breathing heavily onto her face wouldn't be absolutely repellent and disgusting.

She loosened up soon enough, tossing her head so her hair whipped back and forth and swinging her hips with the beat. Her partner looked flushed, even in the low lighting, wide eyes glancing from her face to her chest like he wasn't sure which was more appealing. Ellie pretended not to notice.

Over Matt's shoulder, Ellie saw Scott. Surprised, her face dropped into a frown and she stopped moving. "Uh, would you give me a minute? I need the bathroom," she said, walking to her boyfriend before the boy had a chance reply.

When she reached Scott, he took her arm and pulled her away from the crowd. "What are you doing?" he demanded, and she was sure he sounded almost jealous.

"You told me to go out with him," Ellie said slowly. Had he changed his mind?

The werewolf spluttered. "No, not here! Anywhere but here, Ellie! You don't get it; we have a plan."

"You have a plan," she repeated, glaring. "Well, I was told nothing about your plan, Scott! Chris and Gerard are coming here; they have a plan of their own, apparently."

"What?!" Scott's voice rose to a shout, "What did you tell them?!"

"I..." she floundered, "I didn't tell them anything they didn't already know..."

Scott looked so mad at her, and she didn't even understand why. She hadn't been told anything by him, or her family, and now wires were getting crossed because of it.

"Ellie!" her boyfriend was seething with anger.

"I had to tell them, Scott!"

"Oh my God," Scott whispered, horrified, "They know it's Jackson."

"I didn't say anything about it being Jackson, they figured that out on their own!" Ellie defended, "People are dying, Scott, what do you expect us to do? Just sit back and do nothing?"

His forehead wrinkled, and they both seemed to realise at the same time that she spoke of herself and the hunters as a unit. Like she was one of them.

"I- I expect you to trust me, Ellie!"

"I trust you, okay? More than anyone. It seems like you're the one who doesn't trust me."

"... This isn't going to work," he said after a moment. "The plan won't work with them here."

"What do you want me to do? I'll fix it, alright? I can fix it. Tell me how to fix this!" She wasn't just talking about the kanima. She wanted to know how to fix them.

"Just- Just stay out of the way!" Scott exclaimed, beginning to move away.

"Scott!" she shouted, running to catch up with him. He was walking too fast, so she had to grab his arm to get him to stay still. "Look, you can't blame this on me!" Oh, God, was she crying? It sure felt like she was crying. "No one will tell me anything anymore, and I don't understand why. I don't understand why suddenly I'm... I'm not a part of your pack anymore, Scott."

He didn't reply; it was like he hadn't even heard her.

"Just stay out of the way," he repeated.

She didn't stop when he walked away this time. Instead, she turned her back, going back to Matt, knowing in her heart that this was it. Neither of them had said anything about their relationship specifically, but Ellie couldn't continue, not now, not after everything.