22: 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆...𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀?*

Start from the beginning

I needed some proper training soon though.

"Just a lil' bit." KD mumbled, lost in the screen. Sitting up, I gave him enough space to get comfortable. Stretching his legs out in front of him and every time my body has the same reaction. It's the littlest things with him, seriously.

"I thought we made a deal?" I asked, redirecting his attention by grabbing his beard. The soft tug forced our eyes on one another.

That random cold from a few days ago was back and forth, oddly. At least, that's what Ka'Dafii said. His mornings were heavy, but after some meds, breakfast, and hot honey tea with my secret ingredients of lemon, extra honey, fresh ginger, and a tad bit of liquid IV — he was ready for the day. So far, his temperature had gone down to normal levels and his stuffy voice had disappeared.

Still, the man hadn't stopped working or even slowed down a bit. His workaholic ways scare me sometimes.

"I was just checking on some stuff, mama. It ain't nun' too heavy."

"It's time to open ya' gifts though." I reminded him.

"We gon open gifts when I come down." Ka'Dafii suggested, smirking at me while leaning against the bathroom counter. We had both showered and his freak ways had his eyes locked in on me as I used my shea butter to rub on my frame. He was supposed to be rolling his spliff.

"Don't stay up here forever, Zay."

Indeed, he had stayed up there...for a while.

"You first," KD stood up after kissing my forehead. Heading straight for the nine-foot Christmas tree, he bent down to retrieve the matte black gift bag first.

The Christmas decorations were still lit even at 7:45. It was a tradition to leave them on all day for Christmas and New Year's. Plus the artificial tree had no worries of burning from overheating.

Still wrapped were the gifts we purchased for each other and the four gifts I got for Jessy and Khadi each. I was expecting to see Jessy before the night ended, but Kay had driven down to Tampa last minute — so I knew it would be next week before I saw her again.

Like a hood Santa, Ka'Dafii snuck in his gifts after I fell asleep last night. When I walked downstairs, the extra umpteen gifts stunk out like a sore thumb. But he took the time to wrap them personally and that warmed my heart.

"For you." He said, a proud smile plastered on his face as I looked at the light gray designs written on the bag. Silver tissue paper peaked out to hide the gift, but from the weight — I could tell it was light.

"What is it?" I asked playfully, removing the paper, but my eyes were on him. KD shrugged, not giving up any info as that smile turned into a smirk. "You need to open something too."

A slight frown on my face when I found two envelopes inside. Pulling them out, Sunshine lifts his head, sniffing the bag on my lap and then the pink and orange envelopes.

"Open one." Ka'Dafii edged and I grinned, flipping over the first envelope and ripping the back flip. The paper inside seemed generic, tipping my curiosity. Looking up at him, I waved the paper and he pointed towards it again. The silent motion told me to look at it.

So I did.

And my heart dropped.

Immediately the private charter company, Jet Linx, captured my interest. Soon enough, I realized I was reading a confirmation email with our names listed under the passenger's information. A round trip to Bora Bora. Our departure date is set for January 25th and returning on February 2nd.

His birthday trip.

I could scream, and I think for a second, I may have. Ka'Dafii laughed lowly before tapping the second envelope.