"My kids named him."

The men tell Batman and Batwoman that they're zoologists at Gotham University and the gorilla was a test subject of theirs. During their tests Fingers went crazy and escaped.

"(This is our shot to save the poor creature.)" said Gwen. "(Batman, let's see if we can get Fingers from the other train station.)"

Batman tells them to have the police set up an ambush, but Fingers recognizes the police and escapes into the park.

"I knew this would happen...I want to help this gorilla out."

"(Why so worried?)" confused Gwen. "(Aren't you more of the fighting type in my other half to control?)"

A lot has been happening to poor Batwoman only.

"I have my reasons caring about an animal like Fingers, okay?"

Still...It's hard to tell from Gwen's powerful half on what she was thinking about right now. Later, Batman and Batwoman tell Bruce about Fingers' escape into Gotham Park.

"(It's so weird, Uncle Bruce.)"

"The good news is, gorillas don't attack unless they're provoke." he said to them. Bruce isn't too concerned since gorillas don't tend to attack unless provoked.

"Yeah, but this one name Fingers isn't a normal gorilla." said the young Dark Knight.

Batman, however, is concerned because Fingers knew not to step on the third rail and got onto the only fast train leaving the station. This behavior leads them to believe that the gorilla is smarter than a normal gorilla.

"You two want to follow up, then be my guess." said Bruce.

"Right!" the two-crime fighting duo said together.

Even Megan says something to both Terry and Gwen before taking off to learn more about gorillas...

Megan: Gorillas are ground-dwelling, predominantly herbivorous apes that inhabit the forests of central Sub-Saharan Africa. The genus Gorilla is divided into two species: the eastern gorillas and the western gorillas (both critically endangered), and either four or five subspecies. They are the largest living primates. The DNA of gorillas is highly similar to that of humans, from 95 to 99% depending on what is included, and they are the next closest living relatives to humans after the chimpanzees and bonobos. Gorillas' natural habitats cover tropical or subtropical forests in Sub-Saharan Africa. Although their range covers a small percentage of Sub-Saharan Africa, gorillas cover a wide range of elevations. The mountain gorilla inhabits the Albertine Rift montane cloud forests of the Virunga Volcanoes, ranging in altitude from 2,200 to 4,300 metres (7,200 to 14,100 ft). Lowland gorillas live in dense forests and lowland swamps and marshes as low as sea level, with western lowland gorillas living in Central West African countries and eastern lowland gorillas living in the Democratic Republic of the Congo near its border with Rwanda.

Good point...

"Okay, Gweny and Bats. You heard the old man and his wife. If we're going to solve this type of problem, then we're doing it my way." said Batwoman. "First off, let's see what the Gotham University are hiding from the rest of the world to see..."

Bruce grants Batman and Batwoman permission to follow up on their suspicions and they go to Gotham University. While in the zoology lab, they search the cabinets and finds methyl glycose: a key ingredient used in splicing.

"(Oh, no... Not another one of those cruel splicing on people again...)" Gwen already hates it from a while back. "(For some reason...I'm picking up something from this one.)" she said from her computer.