"Flaky flakes?" he sees his breakfast. "They're for children, aren't they?"

She just smiled to help Corso give him a chance.

"I have a feeling you've never tried them, even when you were a child yourself." she said back.

"It's that obvious, huh?"

Within a couple of weeks, he decided to propose marriage and she readily agreed. However, all that changed when he met Harold (Bullwhip). Harold had been a patient and suggested that Corso could create weaponized prosthetics, thereby making people into powerful cyborgs and unstoppable thieves. Offhandedly, Harold suggested a partnership, which would be monetarily profitable. However, Corso wasn't interested as he already had everything he wanted. Not willing to take 'no' for an answer, Harold kidnapped April and summoned his gang of thugs. Harold blackmailed Corso into enhancing them with bionic weapons. Feeling he had no choice, Corso agreed in return for the promise of April's safety and eventual return to him. Sad, huh?

"April..." Batman said to look at the picture. "And there's a moon in the background."

"Lucky guy..." Batwoman made a little joke.

Is that was she goes by the name April Moon because of it?

"(You really do love her huh?)" said Gwen to feel bad for Corso. "(In fact, something seems off about this whole thing...I don't know why yet. Anyways, the background of April with the moon here, what does it mean?)"

Examining a photograph of April under a full moon, Batman muses about the song 'April Moon.'

"Is like from the old song called 'April Moon'."

With Batman guessing it, the doctor confirms that 'April Moon' was the couple's song.

"It was our love song." he tells them.

Batman understands Corso's motives but is still angry about what he has done.

"Still, you should've made those boys into monsters."

Corso, however, explains that he built fail-safe devices into the gang's servomotors. Corso intends to activate the devices once he gets April back and thereby destroy the gang.

"So that's why I had trouble melting them...I guess getting your backup plan will have to do." said Batwoman.

All the same, Corso refuses to tell Batman or Batwoman how to activate the fail-safes, fearing the two crime fighting duos would risk April's life with a rescue attempt.

"It's too dangerous to put April's life in danger..."

Before Batman can further interrogate Corso or from Batwoman to Gwen's words could help out, the gang arrives.

"How did they find us?!" confused Batwoman.

Corso immediately tells the gang that Batman and Batwoman had kidnapped him, and so the gang attacks the two.

"We'll take it from here." Bullwhip. "Boys, let's teach these two a lesson."

Working together, the gang overpowers Batman and Batwoman who couldn't stop them with her fire powers or her skills, who them both narrowly escaped the encounter by using a smoke bomb.

"(Batman, let's get out of here!)"

Having no choice, they get out to come back for Corso to save April somehow.

The gang departs for their hideout, with Batman and Batwoman in pursuit.

"Try to keep up, Gwen! We're going after them!" he said.

"You lead, and we'll follow, Bats!"

Bruce tells Terry and Gwen 'who hack in to give Megan the information' that they found out about the cut-off circuits and that they're voice activated.