A Touch of Curaré

Start from the beginning

Terry volunteers to look after Barbara, but Bruce says she's not the target.

"Barbara's not the target." said Bruce.

"No, but someone else that Barbara knows of..." Megan calls her friend out. "Isn't that right?"

Barbara herself appears in the Batcave and chimes in, 'her husband is'.

"Her husband is." she shows herself. "Nice to see you marry couple are doing well to get things down with your...two new heroes."

Megan and Barbara hug each other, for this is the first time of Terry and Gwen to not know who Barbara really was from back then.

"Good to see you too, my friend." said Megan.

She explains that Sam is scheduled to testify against international arms dealer Fyodor Davic, who has hired the Society to kill him first. So that's why her husband is on the hit list...Barbara then sees her old costume in the Batcave.

"I see you've sewed up the bullet holes."

Soon enough, the two figure out who Batgirl was...

"Wait...Commissioner Barbara Gordon was..." Gwen gets it. "You were the original Batgirl!'

"(Bingo!)" said her other half. "(Gweny has one the prize!)"

Even Terry was surprised to see too.

"You're Batgirl!" he says it to Bruce as well. "She's Batgirl!"

Terry is shocked to see her in the Batcave, but she reveals that she was Batgirl a long time ago.

"I was Batgirl a long time ago, kid. Thanks for tonight both you and Gwen Grayson, wasn't it? A clone from his DNA to be a half one with fire powers...Different from you are, Megan." she said. "And trying to find out your mother next might be harder than knowing little about your father."

"Ah...Yes...Dick Grayson's sort of my father, and my mom will be hard to know who it is."

She warns Terry, Gwen, Megan, and Bruce that she has long since relinquished that identity and tells them to stay out of police business.

"Trust me when I tell you kids, this is for your good." Barbara said and then leaves.

"At least take this information disc about Curare."

Bruce gives it to Barbara before taking off, and for Terry and Gwen who both chosen the path to fight for Bruce, someone like her doesn't want them to by staying out of it? Great...For Megan won't allow it to lend a hand somehow.

"No help or not, Barbara will ask for it." Megan said to the others. "I want that bounty to get that reward by any means and protect Mr. Young."

For the Master Assassin groups wants Curare to get the job done by any means or else for she will in any way.

"You were taught to expect the unexpected, Curaré. Batman nor Batwoman should not have made a difference, nor the police, no matter how many there were. You know the price of failure. I only hope you haven't lost your edge."

Now it was personal for Curare won't lose like this...The next night, Sam is being kept in a safe house under heavy guard.

"I thought the man was supposed to protect the woman." Sam makes a joke.

But Barbara knows what she was doing to save her husband.

"Last century, babe." she said back.

Bruce, however, is skeptical about their ability to keep their quarry out. Barbara leaves for Megan was hired to watch on Sam, and Curaré makes her move. She easily manages to evade or incapacitate the guards and makes it into the house, pursued by Terry/Batman and Gwen/Batwoman.