xxiii. fourteen million, six hundred and five

Start from the beginning

Understanding what he wanted her to do, Aster nodded and splayed her palms toward the ground, doing her best to spread her cosmic energy throughout the entire interior of the ship. If she could give it some resistance while Strange did the same on the outside, they could hopefully slow it down enough to land somewhat safely.

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time," Tony told Peter.

Peter nodded, shifting into a steady stance. "Okay, okay. Ready."

They angled the ship down, though it was too much too quickly. The floor underneath them all shook as they began falling even quicker. "We might wanna turn," Tony pointed out, gritting his teeth to pull his device to the side.

"Turn, turn, turn," Peter chanted, tugging on the steering tool with all of his might.

They knicked a rocky cliffside on the way to the ground, taking half of the ship with it. Nodding to Aster, Doctor Strange activated his shield on the outside of the remaining structure. At his cue, Aster flipped her palms and slowly tugged them up, doing her best to slow the entire spacecraft down. "Hold on!"

Their joint effort worked, but not enough to bring them to a safe halt. Aster took one hand away from the ship to form a forcefield around her and the rest of her team as they crashed on Titan. The ship was smashed into several pieces, though the members inside were protected thanks to her.

As soon as the dust around them settled, Aster dropped her powers and stood up straight. She took a moment to peer out across Titan, a planet she hadn't been to in over ten years.

"Everyone alright?" Tony called out, staggering to his feet next to Aster.

Doctor Strange nodded, out of breath. He appeared at Aster's side and glanced over at her. "That was close. I owe you one."

Aster shrugged off his praise. "It was a team effort."

Peter, who was now hanging from a web he had anchored to the battered ceiling of the ship, lowered himself to their level. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something... And I end up eating you, I'm sorry."

Aster turned and made a grossed-out face. "Whoa, okay. Where'd that come from?"

Sighing, Tony pointed at Peter. "I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that something is coming."

Before Peter could elaborate on his spidey senses, a grenade rolled into their small circle and exploded, blowing the four of them back in separate directions.

Aster landed with a sharp hiss, though she didn't give herself much time to recover before scrambling back to her feet. She lifted her head and her eyes went wide when she saw three familiar figures standing in the distance.

"Thanos!" Drax cried, hurling a knife in their direction.

Doctor Strange raised a shield, blocking the weapon from hitting any of them. Despite his first attempt being stopped almost immediately, Drax released a guttural yell and began charging forward.

He only took one step before Strange's cloak flew at his face and tackled him to the ground.

Behind him, Quill had his mask on and two guns raised. He and Tony took off into the air, both shooting at each other. Barely dodging one of Tony's tiny missiles, Quill was able to stick a disc to the billionaire's suit and pin him to the wall with a magnetic pull.

"Shit," Aster swore, flying after them. "Guys, stop! Stop, we're all on the same side!"

Clearly, the three Guardians didn't see or hear her. Peter was on the ground, crawling backward to avoid Mantis' powers. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" he yelled, his voice as high-pitched as possible. "Please don't put your eggs in me!"