𝟬𝟮. everything starts with bad ideas

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

✸ ⁺. ✿ ˖ ࣪

    I love my job, she thought, trying to convince herself. I love my job, I love my job.

Vivica did not love this part of her job. Her lessons were over for the day, which meant all that was left was the worst part: cleaning the court and lugging two huge buckets full of tennis balls to the storage shed.

With the makeup she'd used to cover her bruise sweated away about an hour or so ago and her limbs almost breaking off from the weight of the buckets, she knew she looked like a hot mess. A very hot and sweaty mess.

What made it so bad was that she had to cross through the pool area to get to the stupid shed. The bad thing about the pool? The employees that worked there.

Halfway across the slippery concrete, one of said employees called out to her.

"Yo Crestview, you need a hand?" Hollered the lifeguard, after he had blown his little red whistle at her first, of course.

She dropped both the buckets to the ground with a huff, looking over to the boy. She wanted to tell him no, but she really could use the help.

Not that asking for help was a bad thing, but this was her best friend's little brother, which meant that annoyance came free with the assistance.

Hanging her head into a sigh, Vivica gave in. She looked back up to him, squinting at the sun in her eyes as she shouted back, "That'd be great, yeah!"

And so, Jeremiah Fisher paraded on over.

Taking one of the buckets from her hand, Jeremiah let out a whooping laugh.

"Did you get in a fight with these things or something?" He asked her humorously, eyes scanning over the horrific bruise on her eye.

"Ha ha," she mocked him, resuming her walk to the storage shed, him following behind. "If you must know, I got jabbed in the elbow last night when your brother started fighting some rando."

"You were there last night?" He asked her, brows perked up.

"Yeah, you were too, weren't you?" She responded, trying to hide a grunt that came from the effort that stupid bucket was extracting from her.

"Yeah. Why, you miss me?" He grinned, a stupid devilishly handsome grin that she wanted to slap right off of his face.

"Definitely not," She stopped to put her bucket down with an unwanted slam, for they had made it to the storage shed. She pulled the keys out from the pocket of her tennis skirt, sticking them in the lock as she continued.

"I just assumed that since Con was there, you were. Besides, you're everywhere and I can't ever seem get rid of you." She added with a sarcastic smile.

"Ouch, Crestview. You make it sound like you don't like me or something." Jeremiah remarked, holding a hand over his heart in mock hurt.

She looked him up and down and then curved her lips into a frown. Shrugging, she hummed, "Well . . ."

At that, Jeremiah interrupted her with a playful shove to the shoulder. "Shut up."