𝐨𝐧𝐞, delicate.

—— episode one, summer house

part one.

       Cadence's narration

Cadence's narration

✿✿✿

  I'VE ALWAYS LIKED GIRLS. I just wasn't aware of it until i started to develop these weird feelings for the one and only Belly Conklin. i was eleven, she was ten. we were at beck's beach house, with the others. now, at that age, people like to think that we shouldn't even be worried about our sexualities or love. but i was. when i saw her exit her mom's car, she had her glasses on and she had braces, in my opinion she looked absolutely adorable. but she thought she wasn't.

her radiant smile, her contagious happiness.

i wanted her. but i knew i couldn't have her. then the next summer, she was eleven, i was twelve. she looked the same but still beautiful. her hair was longer, and shinier though. i would braid it all the time because she liked it.

her long brown hair, and those pretty brown eyes.

i still wanted her, but i knew i couldn't have her. and then the summer after that, i was thirteen, she was twelve. she looked even more vibrant, it was like every year she was even more happy to see all of us. i loved to swim with her at night, we loved to draw funny stick figures of the boys just to make them laugh or annoy them. that year, she told me about her crush on Conrad. all i could do was stare at her in disbelief. i got upset and quickly left her. ignoring her for the rest of the summer.

oh, her sad pout, and those slick furrowed eyebrows.

i still, STILL wanted her. but i knew for sure now that i couldn't have her. because there was a possibility that she would become Connie's one day. but the summers after that, i didn't go back. i stayed with my father for those summers while my mom and Dom went to cousins.