Chapter 6: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Bomb Shelter

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Again, it's probably because of the sheer awkwardness of your girlfriend's ex literally cod-blocking you and your girlfriend.

"But after today, you walk out as a family." Miss Jenn continued her uplifting speech, "One tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights."

'Ricky is the distant cousin that's been removed too many times in the family, but still shows up to each family gathering uninvited.' Cress silently declared.

"Everyone, take your neighbor's hand." The teacher announced.

Ten was seated between Ashlyn and Cress, he gave EJ a sympathetic look as Caswell had to hold his love rival's hand. On the other side, EJ was holding Big Red's hand with an awkward expression on the ginger's face.

'Note to self: give EJ some hand sanitizer so he can wash the grime off Bowen's hand.' Cress thought, giving EJ a sympathetic look as he held hands with Ricky Bowen.

She narrowed her eyes in complete disgust at the way Ricky seemed far too eager to hold his ex's hand again.

"Feel each other's energy. Let the silence speak volumes." Miss Jenn began her uplifting speech.

If silence and actions could speak louder than words, Cress would have kicked her shoes off her feet to aim at Ricky Bowen in the shins. But that would be abuse to her shoes.

"In a world full of no, this is a space full of yes." Miss Jenn continued her speech.

And then she started singing a chorus of 'We're All in This Together'...to boost morale for some reason??

Cress took a glance around everyone, noticing that Big Red in particular had the most puzzled expression on his face.

Nini had stopped holding onto Ricky's hand and had turned her gaze to her copy of the script. EJ also let go of Ricky's hand at this point.

Once Miss Jenn was done with her chorus, Ashlyn applauded the older woman.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

"Sharpay heads to class, hears singing, opens the door to the biology lab. She finds Gabriella and Taylor washing their hands. They turned to find there are no paper towels in the dispenser. They-" Big Red was reading the stage instructions out loud and not even taking a pause.

"Stop. Don't read it all together. Read the punctuation." Miss Jenn cut in, causing everyone else to let out a small sigh of relief.

"Sharpay, comma, heads for class, period. And they hear the song in their heads, period." Big Red continued reading. Somehow this new method made the reading process slower.

As much as Cress already dislikes Ricky Bowen, she still considers Big Red to be a decent enough guy. So she can't help but feel sympathy for the Junior being out of his depth in a new environment.

She's had family dinners at Big Red's family pizzeria and he reminds her of Ten sometimes (a genuine sweetheart who's there for people he knows, even if their best friend may not be the best person).

"And that's it for Act One! Take a break!" Miss Jenn concluded with a forced cheery tone, before she headed off to have a discussion with Carlos.

EJ had decided to take the time to talk to Nini. Seb seems to be talking to Ten (huh, who'd thought they'd end up befriending each other? Good for them!)

Also from the corner of her eye, she could see Ricky Bowen acting all shady, he kept looking at his phone and glanced at Nini.

If that shady rat nest tried to (and succeeded) in ruining EJ's relationship, Cress can and WILL punch him. This is not a threat, it's a promise.