𝐢𝐢. run boy, run.

Start from the beginning

Josie pulled out a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket, taking her lighter and stepping outside onto the front porch. Josie's eyebrows knit together when neither Jesse or Zack were in sight. They were previously tossing the football around, but now they were gone.

Josie shrugged it off, but as minutes passed, she put her cigarette out and stepped back into the cabin, speeding down the hallways and glancing into each bedroom looking for the boys. His eyes rested on Zack, who was passed out on his bed. She furrowed her eyebrows suspiciously, stepping towards the sleeping boy before pushing his shoulder.

"What the fuck!" Zack yelled, causing Josie to step back at his sudden movement. "What are you doing in my room? You don't have a crush on me, do you?"

"Yeah, you're not... my type." Josie remarked, earning an eye roll out of Zack before he turned over. Josie continued walking down the halls, still not seeing Jesse anywhere, even when she'd searched the entire house, including the secluded basement. She stormed back into Zack's room, throwing the football on the floor straight at his head, earning a squeal. "Hey, where's Jesse?"

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" Zack groaned, sitting up as he held the back of his head. He read the expression on Josie's face, realizing she was more than serious. "He was playing with me like thirty minutes ago. He just stayed outside, I thought I heard him come back in."

"Yeah, well he hasn't." Josie was beginning to become more and more worried about the boy she barely knew as minutes passed, she wouldn't be surprised if he'd gotten lost in the large dark forest. Her and Zack exchanged looks again before storming into the living room.

"What's going on?" Catalina asked nervously, sitting up from her spot on the couch. She knew whatever it was, it spooked Josie, which wasn't exactly the easiest task to fulfill in the entire world.

"Jesse's gone. Last I saw him he was outside, but now he's gone." Zack replied, he slipped his coat on, getting ready to go after his best friend if he needed to. He felt at fault for whatever happened, if anything happened. Derek stood up, turning off the TV.

"Slow down! The last thing you need to be doing is leaving." Derek stopped Zack before he could exit. His whole mood had changed, and now he was on full guard mode. "Look, I'll just go out there and look for him."

"I'm coming with you." Barney stepped up, standing beside Dee. She wasn't for letting him go out into a forest where someone had gone missing just a few minutes before. Derek nodded his head, he knew there was nothing he could do to change her mind. Barney looked around. "How about... we take North and West and... Rosa and Josie take South and East. The rest of you just stay here. Wait for anything to happen. We could just be overreacting and he'll be back in a few minutes, if so, just call us. We won't be far."

"Be careful. Seriously, you could get lost." Sharona tossed Barney and Josie two flashlights, so they would know where they were going in the woods. Barney nodded her head at her best friend before looking at everyone one last time and walking out the door.

Barney and Josie stopped outside the house, looking at each other before they knew they were going to split up. Barney took a breath, playfully saluting to Josie, earning a small chuckle. "See you on the other side."

"See you then." Josie replied, turning her back to her sister and beginning to walk deeper into the forest alongside Rosa. Leaves crackled and mud splashed as the two walked through the dark forest. Josie felt especially uneasy as they called Jesse's names. After walking for about ten minutes, the light from the cabin faded away and Josie was feeling ready to go back. "Alright, I've had enough. It's getting dark, there are snakes out here."

"Jo, Jesse might need help." Rosa recalled, continuing to walk as Josie stopped. Rosa turned back around, holding her hand out for Josie. "Come on, I'll make sure nothing happens to you."