Damnation Leon x Reader

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Alright, alright. I'm just giving you a hard time. Even with god knows how many drinks in you, I trust you," you admit. By now, over half your drink is gone. I want to keep messing with him a bit. You throw back the rest of your drink, letting the flavor slide past your tongue. "Ready to go?"

"You said two more drinks!" He exclaims.

"You had them, don't you remember?" You look at him with a dead serious expression, lying straight to his face. His jaw drops a little and his eyes widen.

"I did? What time is it?" He says, a tone of shock in his voice. This is priceless.

"It's like 6, Leon. Come on, we're heading home. And you're only getting water there, hate to break it to you." The time was also a lie, but the part about him only drinking water was not.

"Women," he says with an eye roll, taking out his wallet. He gives the bartender enough cash to cover his tab and gets out of the bar stool. At least he's not stumbling.

"Thanks for the drink," you tell him as the both of you walk out, finding your car.

"No problem. Thanks for joining me," he says.

"Later you'll thank me for cutting you off," you joke. He nudges you with his elbow before splitting off and getting in the passenger side. "Throw up in my car and I'm dropping you on the side of the highway."

"Yes ma'am."

...

"You have your keys?" You ask him, reaching his front door. He pats his pockets and looks to you with a guilty face. Little did he know, you took them from his pocket when you were walking up to the front door.

"Shit..." He says, checking all his pockets once again. While he's busy looking you unlock the door and laugh to yourself. Before he notices you hide the keys in your pocket again. "Woah, how'd you do that?"

His eyes widen at the sight of the front door open, another priceless expression of pure shock.

"Lock picked it with a hair pin," you say.

"Seriously? You never told me you could do that!"

"I have my secrets, Kennedy." He's actually adorable. He flops onto the couch as soon as he gets inside and you lock the door and head to his kitchen to get the both of you some water.

"Hey, can you bring me a drink?" He calls out. You come back with the waters and hand one to him. "I hope this is gin."

"It is," you say. He takes a sip and makes a cute/mad face at you. "Drink it." He huffs and continues drinking, turning on the TV for some background noise.

The both of you sit in silence next to each other, mindlessly watching a comedy movie and not laughing at the bad jokes. At one point, without a word, you grab his empty glass from his hand and go get him more water. When you sit back down, he has his arm extended on the back of the couch where you're sitting, his other hand holding the water.

By this time about an hour has passed and you believe he's sobered up a good amount. You find yourself looking at him, admiring his features that you never really got to admire before. He turns to you, catching you in the act. He smiles slyly and seems to be admiring you the same way.

"Think I'm pretty too?" You laugh and shake your head. He takes his arm from off the couch and slides it onto your shoulders, wrapping it around you. "C'mere." You lean into him gently, feeling cozy against the side of his body, your head resting on his shoulder.

"I saw my family."

"What?" He asks. "I thought you didn't have or know any family?"

"I lied. For the sake of other people's trust. I have a family. Mom, dad, sister. I just cut contact with them when I joined the service."

"Did you tell them you joined?" You shake your head no. He sighs and leans his head on top of yours.

"To do this job, you can't have any connections emotionally. At least, not to outsiders. Me telling all the other agents I had no family, it's probably why they thought I was somewhat tough enough for the job."

"Sweetie?" He only calls me that when he feels bad for me. When I hear that from him, it usually brings me out of a mental breakdown.

"Yeah?"

"You realize losing the people that were there for you your whole life is so much harder than never having them, right? That's what makes you good for the job. You have the guts to do what no one else could. All those other agents? Their folks are gone. You? You had the courage to leave yours to keep them and yourself safe."
A tear falls from your eye, rolling down your cheek onto his shirt.

"Thank you, Leon." You whisper.

"Of course. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah," you say, more tears falling.

"Did you talk to them?"

"I did. They're the ones who spotted me, actually. They thought I joined the army and either died, went missing, or just hated them for some reason. They- they didn't know any-anything," you say, your voice breaking. You lean into him harder, your breathing now uneven. He sets his drink down and wraps his other arm around you, shushing you.

Pulling you with him, he lays down on the couch with you on top. Your face is buried in his chest, hands gripping his shirt as you sob. His arms hold you securely, his hand stroking your hair.

"I didn't know what to do, I told them nothing," you sob. "And I might never see them again, Leon. What do I do?"

"Shh, sweetie. You did what you could. You're keeping them safe, no targets on their back. They know you're okay, and they may not know what's going on but they have some closure, don't they? So you don't have to do anything. Just keep going, like you always have. I'm here to keep going with you." His words calm you, and you slow your breathing, the tears shedding less.

"Okay," you whisper. "We'll keep going."

"There's my girl," he whispers back. He continues to hold you tight and pet your head, letting you wrap your arms around him. "I'm proud of you."

You hold him tighter, letting his words soothe your aching heart. Eventually your body relaxed, and the tears completely stopped, and Leon never once bothered you about anything, letting you fall asleep. He just gave you the mental and physical support you've been lacking for so long. And that's all he's ever wanted to give you.