Penelope smiles in being not rich.
"Thank you for reminding me that I am not rich, good sir. I really appreciate the good slap of reality." Penelope answered with a thumb up and a crooked smile.

"Please excuse Reynold if he made any unnecessary rude remarks to you Penelope." The Duke said, looking at Penelope. 

"It's fine, no worries! And to answer your question, well no. In this world, having maids are rather uncommon. For us 21st century people, we prefer to live independently you see" Penelope smiles with a hint of smugness behind it.  Bet you pampered nobles can't even make your own breakfast.

She cleared her throat, "In most cases however..only the filthy rich people would hire maids." Penelope adds to her explanation so as to better their understanding.

"So what you're trying to say is that in this world, some don't have maids and some have?" Marquis Verdandi joined in the conversation.

Penelope nodded to him. "You understood correctly."

"Isn't that the same with our world then? The nobles have maids but the commoners don't. Does that mean you're a commoner Penelope? That mean you don't have the money to hire one, right?" Reynold asked Penelope.

"Reynold, silence" The Duke quickly shuts him up. Reynold is yet again being told off. This time by his father.
'Just what did I do wrong?!'

"If 'commoner' is what you call normal people in your world, then yes. I am a commoner." Penelope replied.

Silence

'Huh, What's with this silence?' Penelope thought.

"Why, it's not like it's a bad thing to be a normal people. It's also not a bad thing to not have a maid. If you ask me, I would even argue that just being a normal person is much better than being someone with such high status or royalty things." Penelope said, putting her elbow on the table. Her hands supporting the side of her cheek, eyes on them.

"Oh, uhm..well.." The Duke struggles to find the right words.

"It's fine. You don't have to say anything more. Shall we go on with the introduction then?" Penelope get them back on track.

'Oh yeah, we're in the middle of introductions' They all thought.

In an imperfect circle around the rectangular dining table, Fennel is standing beside Emily. He's in between Emily and the Duke.

"Good evening Lady Penelope, I am Fennel. The head butler of the Eckart household. I am at your service." He bowed.

'This Lady thing again? Sighs...'

"Listen, if anybody calls me Lady Penelope one more time, I am gonna kick you out of the house. Don't think I won't do it for real. I am the owner of this house and it's my right to have a say on who stays here and who don't" Penelope growing tired of this cheesy fairytale 'Lady' thing.

Fennel looks at the Duke. The Duke nodded without saying anything more. Fennel understood him and nodded back.

"I understood. I won't be calling Lady Penelope, Lady Penelope anymore" Fennel said, standing with a perfect posture. Looking serious.

'Yet you called me Lady Penelope again. Whatever, at least he's serious'

"Thank you for that Fennel. Next person" Penelope eyes landed on the Duke.

"Penelope, I am the Duke of Eckart. It's great to see you are doing well" The Duke introduction contains a hint of care towards Penelope.

"Uhm, thank you. I am happy to be doing well as well. ... Duke, this is just a guess but I assumed that these two are your sons?" Penelope asked,  referring to Reynold and Derek.