pt.1

It was a cold foggy night, you had just drove down the coast to find yourself in a small town. You didn't exactly know what you were looking for, but you had taken up photography. A woman cursed with curiosity, you always got yourself into trouble.
Trying to find abandoned and "haunted or cursed" places to take photos. You had a project going for photos of towns that have a "dark past/dark lore"

You had heard of Hacketts quarry. The many disapaerinces in the area and the rumors. So you thought maybe you could find something here. You stop at a gas station to fill up.

You go into the store to grab a bottle of coffee and a snack. You noticed a man talking quietly to someone out of sight, they were talking about the quarry.
You listen in

"I'm sorry officer but I need to know now. Is my daughter going to be okay?" The man pleads. You get a pit in your stomach. Maybe this isn't just some rumor. Or a fairy tail.

"We haven't gotten any closer. Sir.
We will contact you if we make any progress." Annoyed sounded the officer. You peek and see the man pleading is the cashier. He sees you.

"Hey um, yeah, just this and a couple gallons on #3 please" you smile awkwardly, as you look over You noticed the officer, he looks at you, Up..and down then makes eye contact.
"Ahem. Miss, you haven't happened to see a girl, about your age, blond, uhh skinny. Around have you?" He shows you a picture of the girl, your much bigger than her. But relatively look very similar. "No officer I haven't I'm sorry I'm just stoping in town for the weekend."

He seems curious. "Oh, what brings you?" You noticed his badge. Travis Hackett.  "Oh uhmmmmm.... I'm doing a project for a photography class haha, I'm actually looking for Hacketts quarry...I see your name do you think-?" He furrowed his brows. "No. We- they. Are closed for the weekend."
You tense up. "I'm- sorry officer. Uhm.. i-" he stops you again. "It's fine. Now get along miss. Don't let me see you anywhere near there. Understand?"
You feel that horrible curiosity rise again. "Of course, sir." You get on with your night, drive to the cheep hotel.

Laying in your bed on your phone, you look up everything you can find on the quarry. "I'm going to get pictures. If it's the last thing I do" you giggle to yourself for being corny. But in all seriousness you want to get those pictures. And hey, what's one cop going to do.