十五 ; Sake

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

At the time of publishing this, a new episode of the Swordsmith Village Arc just aired. I loved the Iguro and Kanroji scene! It was easily the most adorable part of the entire show so far.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

‒ "I APOLOGIZE FOR MY OUTBURST TOWARDS YOUR FATHER." Hikari looks down.

"It's completely fine," Kyojuro smiles. "he'll be back to buying sake before we know it. I bet he's already on his way to now."

"Why sake?" Hikari looks up, tilting her head.

"He's addicted to it at this point. He used to be a fine swordsman, and trained me and my brother with such enthusiasm, but now he's just... this." Kyojuro sighed. "I'm at a loss."

"I'm so sorry, Rengoku-san... I really am..." Hikari says. "You know, you can always come back to visit the Corps whenever you want to. Just because you're retired doesn't mean you're exiled. And I know your father will come around. He probably just needs some time."

Kyojuro smiles. "You're right. I know he'll come around soon enough. And I'd love to visit the Corps from time to time. It'd be wonderful to see all my friends again."

Hikari grins.

"Oh, a question for you, Kyoudo-san."

"Hm?"

"How do you know my father's full name?"

Hikari gasped. She had completely forgotten that in her outburst, she had addressed Kyojuro's father by his full name.
"Uh, my father was an ally of the Corps some time ago, and he told me about the Hashira often." she said quickly.

"Really? What was his name?" Kyojuro smiled.

"Kintsugi Kyoudo." 

"Ah, yes, I remember my father telling me all about him. He seemed like an incredible man."

"He was."

"And another question for you, Kyoudo-san, if you don't mind."

"Of course."

"I would have died at the Mugen Train if it wasn't for you, but how did you manage to save me from that lethal wound? I know it wasn't a remedy of some sort, but if not, then what was it?"

Hikari hesitated.
'Should I tell him? He'd be confused if I did... but surely he deserves to know what saved him from death? What would Lord Muzan say, if I had used my ability to save a human of all things?'

"Kyoudo-san?"

'Fuck what Muzan thinks! He deserves to know what saved him!'

"My blood... has supernatural healing properties. If I drop it into someone's eye, it enters their bloodstream and restores their health to an extent. It's what I was well-known for through my village."