❝︎CHAPTER FIFTEEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 day without Hermione was not something Juniper was used to. At least, not while she was in school. Waking up without Hermione waiting to walk with her to class was not something she was ready for. She didn't like how quiet the room was without Hermione. Although Juniper would never admit any of this out loud, part of her actually missed Hermione. The thought itself made Juniper shudder and it made her want to gag. Juniper walked with Ron and Harry, following silently behind them. She hoped Hermione would be alright.

"June, have you talked to Hermione?" Ron asked, bringing the girl from her thoughts. She looked up and Harry and Ron slowed their pace until she was walking in between them. 

Juniper shook her head, "No. Not since last night." It wasn't a very good conversation albeit.

A frown fell on Harry's face when he spotted a puddle of water. "What's this?" The three exchanged a look before following the puddle of water. It led to the Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The whole floor was flooded. Ron let out a noise of disgust. "Look's like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom."

"Let's go see why." Juniper mumbled before making her way to the bathroom with the two boys following after her. She pushed the door open, all of the sinks were on, the entire bathroom was flooded up to her ankles. Juniper's lip screwed up in discomfort, a scowl on her face. She could hear Myrtle crying somewhere in the bathroom. They found the ghost sitting in the window sill of the bathroom.

Moaning Myrtle snapped her head towards them. "Come to throw something else at me?"

Harry frowned, confused. "Why would I throw something at you?"

"Don't ask me." Moaning Myrtle looked at the three. "Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks its funny to throw a book at me."

Ron's face scrunched up in confusion. "But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you."

Myrtle swooped down, landing right in front of Ron. "Oh, sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it. Ten points if you get it through her stomach!" She punched at Ron's stomach, making him jump. "Fifty points if it goes through her head!" She sent a punch to his head.

"But who threw it at you anyway?" Harry questioned.

"I don't know. I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death, and it fell through the top of my head."

Juniper blinked in surprise. "I'm sorry, did you say 'thinking about death'?" Myrtle didn't answer and instead began crying like she usually did, turning away from the trio and disappearing.