❝︎CHAPTER FOURTEEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 Harry, the silence in the room was loud as they did their classwork. Hermione and Ron sat across from the two and whilst Juniper would occasionally whisper to Harry, sending him a small smile―︎to which he would forever be grateful for―︎everyone else was staring at Harry. Even Ron and Hermione were giving him weird glances, trying their best not to. Harry sighed, closing his book.

"I'll see you back in the common room," Harry quietly said before standing up and walking out of the class. Juniper frowned as she watched him leave. She felt bad for him. She knew what it was like to be given those glares that everyone had been giving him, or the looks that had been throw his way that were filled with fear or disgust. Harry was living Juniper's everyday life and she wished she knew how to fix it.

Juniper made her way to the Gryffindor common room, the whole way there she had a frown on her face. Hermione noticed. Juniper said goodnight to Ron before making her way to her dorm, entering and sitting on her bed. She had one hand on her locket as she stared at no place in particular. Hermione watched the girl, closing the door behind her before sitting on her bed across from Juniper's.

"Juniper, is everything alright?" Hermione asked.

Juniper blinked, pulling herself out of her thoughts and looking at Hermione. "No, not really, Hermione. Why would you treat Harry like that? You and Ron both. The looks you guys gave him, it wasn't helpful."

"I'm sorry," Hermione apologized.

Juniper sighed. "Harry has always been given looks since coming here, but they were mostly positive looks. He was a celebrity. He was given the looks that I'd always wanted and now. . . now he's being given the looks that I'm given. Looks that hurt. I don't want that for him. For anyone. I'm used to it so I can handle it easier, Harry isn't used to it. The looks have got to stop. I wish everyone were looking at me like that rather than him."

"You don't deserve those looks either." Hermione frowned deeply.

"Maybe not," Juniper shrugged, "but I get them nonetheless and they're not fun. I just hope they die down." Juniper groaned as she flopped backwards on the bed. "Why can't we have one peaceful year at Hogwarts?"

Hermione stood up, walking over to Juniper's bed. "Well, they say third times the charm." Juniper moved over so Hermione could sit beside her. Hermione looked down at the girl, smiling. "Maybe next year will be the best year."

"Merlin, I hope so. I'm never going to be top of the class if life keeps going like this."

Hermione chuckled. "You've got this."

Juniper frowned, her eyes meeting Hermione's. "You're winning."

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"