Gregory shook his head low and ruffled his hair.

The blue worm he was talking about was probably Kronos- because he has blue hair.

Of course, the Emperor also had blue hair, so that statement was a little dangerous.

But without hesitation, Gregory was cursing the Imperial Family itself.

Still, I was a little grateful for him for getting angry on my behalf.

‘No. Calling him a blue worm wasn’t enough. That’s an insult to blue. Yeah, saying it’s a molded color would be better…’

The relief of being rescued made me think of something silly.

I closed my eyes, thinking I could rest comfortably now.

* * *

When I arrived safely at the mansion, a Duke’s vassal rushed to see me.

I was taken to my room and received treatment while Gregory went elsewhere.

I leaned against the head of the bed with a cast on my broken arm.

My ankles were hurting with shackle marks.

It was sure to become a bruise soon.

My condition was not that bad compared to the pain I felt.

I had scratches and muscle aches everywhere, but it wasn’t enough to lie down yet.

‘This is all they beat you… Tiarozetti isn’t as weak as I thought.’

While she was having such sad thoughts, Daisy shed tears like someone was cutting onions.

“How could you go out alone without a word…? If you are feeling bored then you should tell me.”

Next to Daisy, a maid was looking at me with an anxious face.

She was pretending to be okay, but she must have been nervous.

She was the maid who handed me the fake letter.

I thought she would have run away right away, but seeing that she didn’t do it, it seems like she may have thought that I wouldn’t come back alive.

That was even more frustrating.

“I’ll— I’ll bring you water right away!”

The maid frantically tried to get out of the room.

It was obvious that she was trying to run away.

“Wait.”

The maid flinched at my call.

If it was the original Tiarozetti, I wouldn’t have been able to say a word because I would have been scared, even if it was an unfair situation.

It was because she was such a silly and kind woman that she thought there must be a reason why someone acted that way and tried to be considerate of others.

So, staying still here might be the direction the original plot wanted.

‘But do I really have to stay still?’

This was a scene Tiarozetti shouldn’t have been in originally.

Should I have to act like a coward even in a situation like this?

The book broke its promise and didn’t send me back, but it was too harsh to impose obligations on me alone.

I asked, staring at the maid coolly.

“You have nothing to say to me?”

“Wha— What are you…!”

The maid screamed in surprise.