TRACK 13 / SO IT GOES.

Mulai dari awal

Being dragged out into the middle of the desert for a photoshoot wasn't exactly at the top of Odette's list. However, given the fact that she couldn't find it in herself to say no to Eddie when he had asked her to come along with them; arms wrapped around her, her back pressed against his front as he was buried in her neck─ instantly distracting her from her work, but he was always a welcome one─ Odette had thought she had been lucky that she couldn't see his face, but the soft edge to his voice was enough to get her to say yes. And it wasn't as if he was begging her to go, it was just a simple question, one that she knew he wouldn't have cared what her answer had been. Yet the grin that broke out on his face when she had said yes and the way he kissed her, she was glad that she had agreed.

But now that they were there, the wind, while not harsh, wasn't nice enough that Odette found herself using Eddie as a human shield to prevent the wind from hitting her, she wished that she was back at her apartment. Yet it was another moment in which despite her frustration towards their location, hearing Eddie laughing at the jokes Warren was making at her expense, Odette's anger died down and was more a showcase of over exaggeration to ensure that Eddie remained in a good mood.

She knew him well enough that hearing the final version of Aurora was still a sore spot for him, she saw the way his mood dipped the second that heard the album playing, and for a time, it was clear that he was putting on a brave face to act like it wasn't still affecting him. Eddie had told her that he'd get over, that he had too, but for now, the wound was still fresh, and Odette was doing everything she could to distract him from everything.

"Is it bad that I wish Billy were here so that we could just get this over with?" Odette questioned, holding onto him tighter, arms hidden underneath his jacket.

Warren laughed. "Never thought I'd see the day when Odette Summers would want to see Billy."

"Oh, don't act like you'd rather be anywhere but here."

"Oh, I couldn't care less, your complaining is entertaining enough that makes this all worth it."

"I'm here in support of my friends, and this is how you thank me?"

"Hermana, don't act like you aren't loving this right now," Warren said, gesturing at her and Eddie.

"Personally, I am."

"And you're acting like I don't do this all the time," Odette countered.

"So you're always clingy?"

"You know, I've been asking myself that question since I got here," Daisy commented as she stood beside Warren.

"Pft, no."

"Yes."

Odette jaw dropped as she looked up at Eddie. "Whose side are you on?"

"Yours, obviously."

"Good work, there bud," Warren said, shooting him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up.

She turned her gaze to Daisy. "I don't have to take this, don't I?"

"Absolutely not." Daisy then offered Odette her arm. "You hungry? Because I am."

Removing herself from around him, Odette pecked his cheek before she was at Daisy's side, locking arms with her.

"I think she just stole your girlfriend," she heard Warren comment as they walked away.

One shared glance between herself and Daisy and they burst out into laughter.

"You know, I never did properly thank you for standing up to me the other week," Daisy said once their laughter died down.