Chapter 1 New Era

In the cramped room, under the soft lighting, a simple single bed is juxtaposed with an old writing desk.

On the side of the door, in a mirror about one foot square on the wall, a young boy's green face was reflected in it, with a trace of confusion in his eyes.

"Tuk-Tuk-Tuk."

There was a knock on the door, and a middle-aged woman's voice came from outside the door:

"Xiao Che, it's already late, so why don't you sleep yet, I have to go to school to take the Beastmaster Test tomorrow."

The confusion in the boy's eyes dissipated, and he replied, "I see, Mom, I'll go to sleep right away."

The slight sound of footsteps outside the door walked to the other side, and an inexplicable smile appeared on the boy's face, whispering to himself:

"Think about what you are doing so much. If you come, you will be at ease. This is also a new starting point for life."

The boy's name is Zhang Che, and he is a senior in the second middle school of Ganwei City in the central city of China's Mercury Alliance.

Mercury, a planet in another world, is highly similar to the earth in terms of technological development and political relations, but the area of ​​Mercury is ten times that of the earth.

36 years ago, it was divided into hundreds of countries and regions.

However, just 36 years ago, Mercury ushered in a cataclysm.

A violent space storm swept the world. After the storm subsided, Mercury was devastated, more than half of the buildings were destroyed, and nearly one-third of the population casualties, as if experiencing an apocalyptic disaster.

Just when people thought the disaster was over, mysterious space gates suddenly appeared around the world, and countless different beasts rushed out of the space gates, madly attacking human settlements.

These strange beasts are strange and terrifying, and even the weakest are comparable to wild beasts. Among them, the strong can only damage them even with missiles, and it is difficult to completely eliminate them.

The entire war lasted for three full years. Many small and weak countries were completely wiped out by alien animals. The major countries also suffered heavy casualties. Mercury's population once again shrank sharply by half, and the remaining population was only one-third of that before the disaster.

The most unbelievable thing is that after the death of these alien beasts, they will not leave their corpses. Instead, they will turn into a ball of light and shadow and fly back to the mysterious space gates, causing the Mercury humans to want to study the characteristics of these alien beasts. Not available.

In the three-year war, although the alien beast was not completely wiped out, it was also driven out of the settlement area by humans, and the two sides confronted each other evenly.

During the stalemate of the war, the remaining countries on Mercury sought cooperation. Finally, the Mercury Alliance was formed, and a large number of expeditions composed of soldiers and scientific researchers were formed to enter the space gate regardless of life and death, seeking a way to completely eliminate the alien beasts.

After entering the space gate, the expedition team discovered that this is a vast and boundless world, where all technological products have lost their use, guns have become useless fire sticks, and people can only fight against different animals with the cold weapons they carry.

When the expedition team successfully killed the alien beast in this world, they were surprised to find that although the killed alien beast would not leave a corpse, it has a certain probability that it will become a strange card, and its mental power is stronger than Ordinary people can actually resonate with the card to activate the card, or turn it into a battle body of an alien animal, or into a weapon and armor, which greatly enhances the strength of the members of the expedition.

This kind of card is collectively called the alien card.

And those who can inspire spiritual resonance with different beast cards are called beast masters.

At this point, a new era is coming!

After discovering this secret, the alliance government immediately invested a lot of manpower, entered each space gate one after another, wiped out a large number of strange beasts inside, and cultivated one after another.

In order to restore the peace and stability of Mercury as soon as possible, the first batch of beast masters moved to the search battlefield and returned to Mercury to destroy the alien beasts, but also to obtain more alien beast cards.

However, once again unexpectedly, after the remaining alien beasts on Mercury were killed by the beastmaster through the alien beasts, they were able to leave the corpses, but could not form new alien beast cards.

But for the Alliance, this is enough. With the corpses of the alien beasts, relevant research can be carried out immediately. At least ththe materials with various characteristics on the alien beasts are very high-level new resources.

The balance of war shifted as more and more powerful beast masters were produced. In the end, the remaining strange beasts on Mercury were almost wiped out a few years later.

Just when most people thought that Mercury would be completely peaceful, government departments, research units, and consortia regretted that there were no new sources of research materials. Ten years after the first opening of the space gate, a boundless alien beast. Crazy gushing out again.

Although the strange beasts that came out this time are not much different from the previous one, the strong ones can’t be killed by heavy weapons such as missiles. In the end, they can only rely on the best of the first batch of beast masters to take heavy casualties as The price will be wiped out.

At this point, the Mercury Alliance realized the cruelty of the new era, that is, every ten years, space doors will open one after another, and every time a strange beast emerges from it, its advanced combat power will be improved to a certain extent.

This is both an opportunity and a challenge for the Mercury Alliance.

More and more corpses of alien beasts play an important role in the improvement of all aspects of Mercury's technological level. However, a more powerful alien beast also means that the Mercury Alliance will be in danger of ruin if it is not noticed.

In the case of taking into account the living environment and unable to use nuclear weapons, the high-level beast masters have become the backbone of resisting the attack of alien beasts.

Gradually, the Beastmaster became the most respected and most wanted profession, and it was also one of the professions with the highest social status.

But not everyone can successfully become a beast master, and it takes a certain amount of mental strength to inspire spiritual resonance with different beast cards.

Over the decades, research has shown that one needs to be at least 16 years old to become a beastmaster. Once you reach 18 years old you cannot become a beastmaster, then the possibility of becoming a beastmaster will become very small in the future. , The probability is so small that there is no one in a thousand.

Zhang Che will be 18 years old in half a month. Before that, starting from the age of 16, he had participated in the Beastmaster Test 4 times in school, but he failed.

If this time he still fails to pass the test, then the beast master, such a lofty profession, will have to say goodbye to him completely.

"Hehe, isn't this Dianniang's iconic start of waste wood flow? Unexpectedly, I just crossed over, God arranged for such a **** set, which is not popular now, okay!"

Zhang Che smiled bitterly, shook his head, turned off the lights and went to bed.

It's useless to think too much. Since the gods let me cross, how can I not arrange cheats for myself? It's just a matter of time.

Zhang Che comforted himself like this...