𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐀 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"It's personal security" he confirmed and the two felt lighter.

"You might find this offensive but I've done a little digging on you two" he said as Geon-woo glanced at his sister before shaking his head. "Not at all. We're not offended at all."

"I heard that even in hardship, you didn't lose the goodness in you" he said fondly as he glanced at Seon-woo "And that you've lived a diligent life. Seeing you both in person like this. I see you have a strong gaze. You seem trustworthy" he said as they thanked him.

"Seon-woo" Mr Choi called as she perked up. "Yes sir" she said.

"Can I speak to Geon-woo for a bit. But not too long, there's something I'd like to say to you too" he asked kindly as she nodded, patting her brother's shoulder lightly, she bowed to him and made her way out the door, closing it quietly as she turned her back, a deep sigh leaving her.

She glanced up where Woo-jin was sat at one of the tables. His back to them, fidgeting with the chopsticks, before they slipped, clanging to the ground as he looked up panicked, hoping no one saw. The sashimi chef shooting him a glare as Woo-jin gave him an apologetic look, placing the chopsticks down and lowering his head with a sigh.

Seon-woo pursed her lips amusedly as she leaned against the wall. Maybe it was her last shred of hope that things would turn around for them but a part of her believed Mr Choi would be able to help them. He didn't seem like any of the others they had met, he seemed genuine and kind hearted.

"Seon-woo" she turned as her brother slid open the door, nodding his head as she smiled, taking his place as he walked out, spotting Woo-jin as he rejoined his friend.

Seon-woo sat opposite him, her heart in her throat as Mr Choi gave her a warm smile in reassurance.

"It must be hard being the oldest" he said as Seon-woo shook her head slightly, a small smile playing at her lips. "I have a good family" she said as he hummed.

"Geon-woo told me about your father" he said as she tensed, her gaze slightly wavering. "I see" she said awkwardly.

"Do you mind sharing?" he said as she hesitated before nodding, her hands clasped in her lap tightly.

"My father was a good man. Well, that's what I had liked to believe, for someone as soft hearted and kind as my mother could've fallen in love and marry him. There must've been some good" she said as she took a shaky breath. "Geon-woo took after our mother in that sense. He has a good heart, too good and when my father changed it scared me."

Mr Choi didn't reply instead, his eyes softened slightly as she squeezed her hands to stop them from shaking.

"He used to drink but it had never gotten so bad until after he lost his job. When we went bankrupt after our family lost the court case. He would beat our mom, I always tried to keep Geon-woo away. He and my mother never liked violence but one day "she said as she bit back tears.

"I came home, and my dad was over my mom, she was screaming and was, well. He reeked of alcohol, and he had this crazed look in his eye. I thought he was going to kill her. Geon-woo was in middle school at the time, he was at a study café. I told him I was going to walk him back I just needed to fetch something from home. "A tear slipped down her cheek as she brushed it away, sniffling, she glanced up at him before her eyes darted back down to her hands.

"I remember screaming when I saw my dad, a smashed bottle in his hand as he grabbed my mother. So, I did the only thing I could do at the time, and I rammed into him. I tried to get my mother away from him, yelling at her but she wouldn't leave me. The next thing I know there's sirens and my brother and mother hovering over me. Geon-woo walked back when I didn't show up, you can only imagine what he saw when he walked through those doors. "she said as she took a deep breath.