Chapter 3🎧

I woke up and immediately reached for my headphones, but my mom yelled up.

"일요일이야! 우리는 교회가 있으니 좋은 옷을 입으세요!"
(It's Sunday! We have a church, so wear nice clothes!)

I grumbled and put my headphones on before listening to my playlist. I opened my closet and picked one of my new dresses from yesterday, then went downstairs. My mom was making breakfast. I looked over her shoulder to see what she was making.

Pancakes?! Oh hell yeah.

My mom makes the best pancakes, they're always super fluffy and she puts little strawberries and blueberries on them. If we have it, she usually puts whipped cream on the top, too. I sat at our dining table/kitchen island and waited TOTALLY patiently.

(No the fuck you did not)

"Are they done yet?" I asked my mom for the millionth time. "아기, I'm almost done." She assured me. I yawned softly and soon enough, I looked down and saw those delicious pancakes in front of me. I didn't waste time since they're better hot and I picked up my fork before chowing down.

I got done eating soon, and realized I forgot to wash my face and brush my hair. So I rushed upstairs and did both quickly before coming back down and putting on my Mary Janes, grabbing one of my bags that matched my outfit and leaving with my mom.

We arrived at church and some religious lecture, blah blah blah, what I was interested in was what was after—a buffet! Everyone that worked in the church brought some type of food for the patrons to eat, and it was always DELICIOUS.

I grabbed one of the paper plates and grabbed a little of everything. I got a paper cup, too, and got some water, since other than wine that's all they served. I sat down on the stairway that led to the back of the church and started eating. I finished quickly and chugged the water down, before standing up and walking back to the main area. It was pretty crowded but for a split second I saw someone.

Holy fucking shit that guy was hot.

I didn't see much of him, just a glance before he disappeared somewhere, but I knew he was cute from just that.

I saw he had dark skin, braids, and was wearing dark baggy clothes. Damn. Who was he? I ran over to my mom, and just in case he was around without me knowing I spoke in Korean.

"검은 피부, 머리띠, 헐렁한 옷을 입은 남자는 누구입니까? 그는 내 나이이고 그는 정말 귀엽다!"
(Who's the guy with dark skin, braids and baggy clothes? He's my age and he's really cute!)

"아 갑자기 남자한테 관심이 가는데? 데이트가 실패한 원인이라고 말한 줄 알았어요?"
(Oh so suddenly we're interested in boys? I thought you said dating was a lost cause?)

"엄마, 이건 달라! 그는 정말 귀엽다!"
(Mama, this is different! He's really cute!)

I whined and she just laughed, waving me off so she could talk to her church friends. I grumbled and crossed my arms, sitting at the stairs to the back again. I yawned and put my headphones on again before listening to music once again, zoning out.

I came back to reality after about 30 minutes. I got up and found my mom before we left, I kept thinking about that guy the entire ride home.

Once we got home I ran up to my room and got changed into my spider suit. I kept my headphones on and decided I'd just jump around and zone out. So I did.

I swung around a little but didn't use too much web simply because I might need it later. It was super peaceful so I went by the park and sat next to the statue, and accidentally fell asleep.

Thankfully I didn't have any babysitting today.

I relaxed and slowly woke up, and saw that one Kingpin dick rider in front of me. Ugh, what does he want?

"Can I sit with you?"

"What?"

"Can I sit with you?" He repeated.

"This some kind of joke?"

"No. Kingpin's been working me to the core, and I need to relax for a bit."

"You couldn't have come up to me out of the suit?"

"...I didn't think it would make a difference."

I shrugged and scooted over, giving him room. He sat next to me, pretty close cus the ledge next to the statue didn't have much room. "What's your name anyway?" I asked him. "I'm The Prowler." I shrugged and laid my head back before I sighed quietly, relaxing again. Damn, I fell asleep again? Embarrassing!

What was more embarrassing was when I woke up...

I was cuddling with him, laying my head on his chest with his arms wrapped around my waist. He was still asleep, and I didn't wanna wake him.

This felt kinda nice.

846 words// A/N short chapter I know 😭 I just wanted to get a chapter out in the morning before I forgot (despite the fact I published 2 yesterday)