Chapter 5

Woah look who's backkkk

I walked through the cold streets of Brooklyn, my breath visible in the air. I can't remember the last time I put on that stupid spider suit. I just wasn't having a great month.

I had a nasty look on my face as I grumbled to myself, headphones on as I walked through the streets. I heard some commotion but ignored it.

I decided to go swinging for once. I went back to my apartment, put on the spidersuit and left. I swung building to building, doing flips and tricks every now and then.

I hopped on a building top and watch the city. There was a little girl walking alone, "Okay... Where's your parents.." I grumbled to myself but didn't interfere...

Until a creepy, old man grabbed her and pulled her into a van.

"Oh HELL no."

I jumped down and started swinging, following the van which was now speeding. I jumped on its roof and smashed the front window, covering the driver with cut glass. I grabbed him by the neck and accidentally squeezed too hard, making his head kinda... Pop off.

I forget my own strength sometimes.

I managed to get the van to a stop and got into the back where the little girl was, grabbing her and getting out of there just before the cops arrived...

And him. I only saw a glance of him perched on a building top, but I saw the prowler clear as day. I searched for the girls parents and eventually found them, returned her and received their thanks

Today was really long, but felt so short.

I hopped into bed and dozed off, before getting up and getting ready for school. We had to write a long, boring essay for like an hour. I hated it but loved the grade it gave.

While walking through the city back home, I heard a loud BANG on a building top, but ignored it. I expected to run into the prowler, like I do every day while I was swinging around... But he was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't a Kingpin thing, that whale sent plenty of weak dumbasses after me, but no prowler.

"He must be busy," I grumbled. Why was I so caught up in wanting to see him?

"I wonder what he's doing..."

409 words, short ass chapter because I'm tired but yk this is kind of a let ya know I'm alive