Chapter 1 | Task.

----------------

----------------

The Demon Slayer's Hashiras was held to a meeting.
Kagaya Ubuyashiki told everyone it's very important.

So, the Hashiras obeyed.
They were all sitting in the polished wooden floor, waiting for their master's arrival.

Ubuyashiki eventually showed up, along with his children guiding him and the slayers bowed down.

"Greetings, my children. This meeting will be quick so all of you can go early and take a well-deserved rest."

"It's no issue, master! Take your time!"
Rengoku objected.

"Ah, I appreciate that, though there isn't much to say so I'll let you all off this time today."
Ubuyashiki smiled.

Everybody nodded.

"So, as all you know. Kibutsuji Muzan is still roaming as we speak. But it's still the peak of daylight so that's why we have lots of time."

"What are we doing, master?"
Sanemi questioned.

"I'm planning a single strike on Kibutsuji, hence why I'll be asking someone from you 9 to take the responsibility of delivering these letters to former demon slayers, hashiras and such for needed assistance."

The Hashiras looked at eachother confusedly.

"So, who will be available to take the task?"

"I can do it, master!"
Mitsuri raised her hand.

"No, I'll do it. I'm free today, master."
Obanai added.

"Let me do it, master. It will be a quick journey."
Shinobu suggested.

All the Hashiras were volunteering to do the assignment except for one- Giyū isn't doing anything, basically just sitting quiet.
Gyomei looked at Giyū and sighed.
And then said.

"Master, may I recommend Tomioka to do it?"

Giyū got confused and flinched by hearing his name, whilst everybody looking at his direction.

"He seems .. up for the task."
Gyomei said, bothered as usual to his comrade's everyday personality.

"Hmm, you're right, my child. Giyū, will it be fine for you to deliver these? No rushing yourself. You may take your time."

There was a pause.
But for a moment, Giyū nodded.
"Alright, master. I'll do it."
He won't be cooperating with anyone anyway so a time alone for himself to deliver letters will be a moment he'd savor.

"Very well, here are the letters."

One child beside Ubuyashiki handed dozen of letters.

Giyū bowed as a thank you and proceeded to the door but was stopped.

"My child, wait. Do seek from Urokodaki. I have him a favor for a helping-hand."

"Will do, master."
And so, Giyū went ahead the door and exited, with letters in-hand.

A few trips from the mountainside and he arrived at Urokodaki's place, his former trainer waiting for him there.
Giyū greeted him with honor and exchanged hello's.
Urokodaki then gave him a red cloak. Similar to the color of his half haori.

"Ubuyashiki favored me to make you a cloak with protection. Since the forest you'll be going to hides demons."

"It's still morning?"
Giyū tilted his head.

"Indeed but that forest has thick shrubs of leaves that scattered the whole area. So sunlight will be the last thing you'll see there. That cloak has protection for a wary of time, enough to let you draw out your sword and behead the enemy."

"I see. Thank you."
Giyū bowed and wore the cloak.

He waved goodbye and head onto the forest.
Urokodaki wasn't lying.
Giyū has arrived not a moment later onto the said forest.
The waves of trees everywhere makes the father path pitch black.
But it's no problem for him and so, he stepped inside.

The branches snapping each step the Hashira took was exaggerating.
The forest seems quiet, a few birds chirping here and there, even though he's gotten far away, he can still see crystal clear.
So he continued without a problem.

It reeks of sunlight, burning of aroma.
Muzan groaned for another daylight has came.
But he needs to consume flesh, as he was so occupied in researching, he hadn't ate for a while.
He figured to eat tonight, though the constant thought of hunger makes him more eager to feast.
He carefully exited out of the infinity castle.
And went straight to the shade.
Slight burning on his wrists made him regret of going out.
Everywhere is sunlight.
He couldn't move.
So, he retreated and went inside the infinity castle again and decided to go near afternoon.

The sunlight is slowly going down as morning goes from dawn to afternoon.
It's starting to become incredibly dark inside the forest.
Giyū had only delivered 4 letters and it seems like time is running fast.
He drew out his sword incase of a demon attack since sunlight is not appearing in slight areas.
And went on his way.

"Finally .."
Muzan sighed as sunlight is going down, the orange sky filling up the atmosphere beaming a beautiful sunset.

He carefully went outside and found himself into spills of mountains, as he venture more, he tracked a scent, so peculiar that he find himself following it.
Perhaps a lost human? Or even better, a town FULL of human.
He lets it go as he couldn't wait to feast on poor beings.

He tracked a shrouded forest, much to his satisfaction. It was covered, no sunlight showing in.
So he hurriedly went inside to avoid anymore sunlight.

"I think I'm going in circles .."
Giyū mumbled to himself.

The map isn't doing any good either.
Tracks are easily identical to one another.
He tried splitting paths, or going up trees but sadly, the forest didn't do him any good.
No use.

He tried laying down for a while, might taking a nap will be a knack.
Though, being eaten would be something he wouldn't dare to get so Giyū simply lie down, at least enjoying the quiet sound, with insects doing their business and a light shade covering the forest.
It's a mesmerizing view. So peaceful.
He carefully placed the letters aside to avoid crumbling it.

"Hmmm .."
Giyū hummed to himself.
"How quiet."

Giyū then heard unfamiliar footsteps.
He got up and drew out his sword.

"Who's there .."
He snarled through the vivid darkness.