TRACK 12 / HEAD OVER FEET.

Start from the beginning

But now, she knew that she was allowed to stay there. Her hand on his cheek, his arms wrapped around her and keeping her close, fists curled into her shirt in a way that felt as if despite being asleep, he was worried about her disappearing on him once more. That thought alone made her feel guilty, but Odette wasn't planning on going anywhere, she had meant what she had said the night before, that she was going to do everything that she could to make sure that she wouldn't lose him. Odette didn't think she couldn't handle it again.

It was fucking ridiculous how Odette could picture their life together, easy in a way that completely took her by surprise. That she could look and him and think, yeah, this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Yet the only thing that kept her from telling herself that she's thinking too far ahead was that it wasn't as if this was their try. If it was, Odette would've called herself stupid for falling so fast, but since Eddie had made it clear he felt the same, she didn't feel stupid.

Leaning forward, she pressed a kiss to his forehead, letting out a quiet laugh when his eyebrows moved at the contact. Unable to stop herself, she did so again, but this time her lips met his cheek, and this time, Eddie leaned further into her hand. Smiling, she placed a third on his nose, enjoying the way his nose scrunched up, and then a fourth to the corner of his mouth. There was a sight smile on his face, one subtle enough that one could assume that it wasn't there at all, but Odette knew Eddie well enough to know that it was there and that it wasn't something he was doing in his sleep. Upon that discovery, Odette leaned back, resting her head back on her pillow.

"Princess, we need to work on your aim again, it's shit," Eddie said, voice hoarse upon waking up.

She giggled. "Good thing you're here to teach me."

"Don't threaten me with a good time." He then opened his eyes, smile growing as he looked at her. "You didn't run away this time," Eddie commented, his hold on her loosening. One hand moving from her back to move a piece of hair that had fallen in front of her eyes.

She refrained from frowning, heart aching that he had this underlying worry that she wouldn't have been there when he woke up. "I'm sorry. . . It had nothing to do with you─ Okay, that's a lie, it had a little to do with you but more me being terrified of what might've happened had I stuck around. Falling asleep in your ex-boyfriend's bed isn't friendly behaviour, you know?"

"I get it, if you hadn't asked me to stay, I probably would've slept on the couch."

"I would've hated myself for letting you," she replied. "That thing is fucking uncomfortable, Eds."

"Good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore."

It was Eddie that closed the small distance between them, lips against hers, they move in sync. It didn't take long for Odette's back to be pressed into the mattress as Eddie leaned over her, his arms bracketed around her, all while hers slid underneath his shirt, dragging her hands against the expanse of his back. She willed him closer, unable to get enough.

A knock on the door was what pulled them out of it, both looking to the open doorway to her bedroom at the same time.

"I should not be expecting anyone," she admitted, frowning as she tried to think of how it could've possibly been.

Eddie sighed, forehead coming to rest at the junction between her neck and shoulder. "Might be my fault. When I called Warren last night, he said he'd come by to pick up the car since I took it yesterday."

She peaked his lips before pushing him off her, wishing that she didn't have to do so. "I'll deal with him, and I'll try not to be too long."

As she left the room, she heard Eddie start complaining about Warren's timing that Odette had to bit back a laugh, running her hands through her hair to at least look decent enough regardless of who it was. But Eddie had been correct in assuming that it was Warren who was standing on the other side of the door, a grin on his face and a bag in his hand.