The front door closed behind whoever stepped inside, and immediately Jenesis was reminded that she didn't lock the door. A recklessness that she performed the last three months only when she was home by herself. For a moment, Jenesis's eyes widened, and the thought to grab a knife and defend herself crossed her mind. The instinct she had that told her whichever sound of nearby human life was dangerous faded as fast as it came. Jenesis closed her eyes again as she listened to the feet climb up the stairs. Whatever they wanted, whether it was a Peacekeeper, someone that had snuck way into the Victors Village, or maybe even a friend of Zayden—the boy from home that she had killed, Jenesis was open to the idea of an attack she would not defend herself from. 

I have given up, she responded to Vincent as her room door was opened.

It was silent for a moment, and Jenesis wondered just what weapon her killer was holding. If she opened her eyes would she see the front of a Peacekeepers gun? Maybe a knife? No, maybe they will have a spear or trident in hand. That would make more sense.

I've given up completely, she thought as she opened her eyes.

It was no gun. No spear or trident, hell, not even a knife. It was Finnick Odair with a look of worry on his face that made Jenesis want to commit the act by herself.

Jenesis let out a huff, closing her eyes again.
" I was hoping it's not you."

She could sense the confusion from Finnick as he moved towards her bed, taking a seat beside Jenesis's sprawled out form.

" Jenesis," he mumbled as he placed his warm hand on her knee. " Leaving your door unlocked isn't safe."

Jenesis knew that Finnick could care less about the unlocked door, because he must know that there was no way anyone could enter the gated Village. Not when there was Peacekeepers surrounding the area.

" Who's gonna come?" She lied her way through his worry. " And Jasmines not home. I have nothing to worry about."

Jenesis could already see the frown form on Finnicks face even with her eyes closed.
" Thats not funny Jenesis."

Finally, Jenesis opened her eyes. Her room was much brighter, whether it was Finnicks doing or not, she didn't know.

" Have you ate breakfast?" He asked her. She could see that he was now staring at her from the corner of her eye.

Jenesis stared at the ceiling. This was no surprise. From his presence to his concern, she should've seen it coming. So she shook her head, not wanting to shut Finnick out completely like she has been doing as of recently.

Her answer and honesty seemed to lighten his mood, and he gave her a gentle smile. One that thanked her for answering rather than shaming her for her clear lack of eating that had been showing in her face and stomach recently. While laying down, Jenesis could feel her rib bones outlining themselves on the surface of her skin. If she could feel it, Jenesis didn't even want to look down to see how it really looked.

She wondered if Finnick was disgusted. She wouldn't care, but she couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind whenever he saw her pathetic state and drowsy face everyday. Maybe he was regretting putting all of the time and effort into bringing her home if this is what she would become after the games. She was the first tribute that he has had come home since his own games, and this is what she had to offer.