"Are we baking?"

"No food involved" We approached one of the tables where a couple of glasses of wine and the materials for the activity were waiting for us.

"Then why the oven? And why is no one else here?" The room consisted of five or six more tables but they were completely empty.

"You are asking a lot of questions, don't you think? Sit down" He sat down and took one of the ceramic cups in his hands.

"Cups? Are we going to drink hot chocolate or what?"

"Lewis look at the table please" He lifted his gaze and inspected what was in front of him.

"Oh we are painting them right? I think my sister told me she wanted to do something similar a while ago"

"That head of yours is finally working!" I cheered and he rolled his eyes.

"And why is there no one else? Have you brought me to the worst place in Paris without knowing it? It's a Friday night it should be crowded" I opened the first bottle of paint and spilled a bit on a pallette.

"I just rented the whole place for the night, knew you wouldnt like crowds" I gave him a brush but he didn't take it, instead he was looking at me with a frown.

"That's... incredibly thoughtful but you really didn't have to do that, I am used to the attention"

"That doesn't make you less uncomfortable, this does, so yes, Lewis, I had to do it because it didn't cost me anything."

"Thank you"

We started to paint, I decided to do something simple, I painted the cup in a very light blue as a background and I decided to paint some purple flowers on top, taking my time with the little details. When I looked up Lewis was biting his tongue while painting his cup so I took the opportunity to look at him, he had decided to paint something maybe a bit complicated for his first time. He had painted the cup a pastel yellow and with a small brush he was trying to make little bees, or something that looked like it at least.

"Do you think they'll let us through airport security with this?" He asked when he realized I was staring.

"I hope so, I want to take this work of art home with me" It would really be a shame if we can't take this on the plane because I really need another cup for my house.

"I'll call a private jet if they don't let us" He jokes.

"Would you really do that?"

"Do you see this mug Elaine? I can't leave it here, I've already imagined a life with it" He assured me.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, I can have coffee here in the morning, or a smoothie after training. If my nephews come home I can make them a hot chocolate in the cup. You know those recipes for cake in a mug? Maybe I'll find a recipe that my trainer won't kill me with if I eat it."

"You have it all planned out I see"

"I like to plan things"

"You have something here" Without him noticing, I dip my thumb a little in the purple paint and paint a scratch on his cheek.

"Hey! The paint is supoosed to be on the cup not me!" He tried to remove the paint but only managed to rub it a little more on his cheek.

"You needed a little bit of color, It's not like you risked much on the outfit today" He was again with the all black outfit, according to him, to avoid attracting attention, and it may have been true but I liked it better when he was wearing something colored.