"Khun Vegas. Khun Tay," Pete said as he bowed to them, his voice tinged with a mix of uncertainty and warmth.

Tay managed to return the greeting. "It's great to see you again, Nong Pete. Are you back as the head bodyguard of P'Khun?"

Pete shook his head. "No, Khun Tay. I'm just one of his bodyguards now."

"Why? You're one of the best bodyguards here. That's kinda downgrade," Macau teases. Pete chuckles a bit, "I'm okay with my position now because it's not that hectic and dangerous since I also have to take care of my children,"

"And you're wife? Where is she?" Tay's curiosity got the better of him, and he couldn't help but ask about it. But Vegas interjected gently, his hand lightly brushing his hand against Tay's arm. "Tay, let's not ask personal questions, alright?"

Tay blinked, momentarily confused by Vegas' intervention. "Oh, right. Sorry, Pete. I didn't mean to pry."

Pete offered a small smile, his gaze briefly flickering downward before meeting Tay's eyes again. "No worries, Khun Tay. It's fine. My wife passed away after giving birth to our second child. That's why I asked Khun Noo to hire me back so I could bring my children here to Bangkok. We needed access to better medical facilities since my wife died due to a lack of medical facilities on the island."

Tay's eyes widened, his expression reflecting a mix of sympathy and guilt. "I'm so sorry, Pete. I didn't know. That's... that's a lot to go through."

Pete nodded, a touch of sadness lingering in his eyes. "It's been a challenging journey, but I'm doing my best for my kids. They're settling in well, thanks to the nanny that Khun Noo provided, Madee. She's been wonderful."

"I'm just glad you're back, P'Pete. And I should meet your kids soon," Macau said. Pete just nodded and smiled at Macau. 

As Tay stood beside Vegas, he noticed a slight crease in Vegas' lapel and couldn't resist the urge to smooth it out, a gesture reminiscent of their past. Vegas froze, his gaze locked onto Tay's hand. It took a moment for Tay to realize what he had done, and he quickly apologized with a teasing grin. "Sorry, old habits die hard."

Porsche arrived just in time, saving the moment from any further awkwardness. "You're just in time. The table is ready for our brunch in the garden," he said before noticing that Pete was also there. Porsche looks between Vegas, Tay, and Pete. He looks away at Pete and smiles at Cherry, who gives him a small chuckle.

Vegas clears his throat before he speaks, "Let's go," he says before he starts walking, followed by Tay. 

Before Macau and his family followed suit, he turned to Pete and said, "Talk to you later, P'Pete." Pete simply smiled and nodded.

Porsche then sidled up to Pete and explained, "Ever since Korn passed away, the main and minor families have been having a monthly brunch to spend time together. This is our first one with Baby Rome."

Pete, ever the vigilant bodyguard, remarked, "You didn't have to explain that to me, Porsche."

Porsche chuckled, patting Pete on the back. "Well, I wanted to, my friend." he then leaned in closer and added, "When the kids are asleep later, how about you join me, Arm, Pol, and Khun Noo for a drink later?"

"Sure," Pete agreed. Porsche pats Pete's shoulder, "Would you like to join us in brunch?"

"No, thank you. I need to check at Venice and Seoul," Pete said.