New year, Fresh start

Ella Nott
My eyes shot open as I felt cold water running down my face.

I immediately sat up and wiped my hands over my now, drenched face.

As I finished wiping my eyes, I quickly looked at my surroundings and saw Theo, my brother.

"Theo do u have to do that at the start of every year for fuck sakes!" I shouted in between laughs.

"Of course I do Ella, since I did it first year it's pretty much turned into a tradition now," he said flashing me a cheeky grin. 

"Anyway you need to get your lazy ass out of bed," he continued. "We've got 40 minutes until we have to be on the train and I know how long you take getting ready so i suggest you get up before I pour the rest of this water on you." he teased, edging the half-full cup of water closer to my face.

"Okay, okay i'm up get out so I can get changed asshole." I said, pushing him harshly out the door.

I went to my closet and scrambled around for my uniform. eventually I found it and slid on my underwear along with my white blouse and my black pencil skirt. I wrapped my green slytherin tie around my neck and tied it with ease since i've been doing it for 4 years now. I grabbed my black crew neck jumper and slipped it on.

I brushed my naturally straight hair and applied a little bit of makeup to my face so i'd look a little more put together. I lifted up my suitcase and dragged it down the stairs with me.

"Let's go then." I said to theo as he got up and walked to the door.

We arrived at platform 9 and 3/4 and i saw Mattheo stood leaning against the wall. He started walking towards us. Great.
"We going finding a carriage?" he said mainly to my brother.
"Yeah sure" my brother managed to say.
"Hopefully not with you" I mumbled, walking ahead of them to the train, barging Mattheo's shoulder when i walked.

I saw Pansy, Enzo and Blaise already in a compartment so I greeted them with a hug because I missed them then sat down beside Enzo.

The train ride was how it normally was, me and Mattheo bickering back and forth and Enzo, Pansy, Theo and Blaise just watching in amusement.

Everyone arrived at the great hall and went to there house tables. We made our way over to the slytherin table. The only seats left were the ones next to Astoria Greengrass, how fun! [note the sarcasm] .

Unfortunately there was no way we would be able to sit somewhere different so we just accepted our fate and sat next to her.

"Hey guyss" Astoria squealed. "How come you decided to sit next to me today? Did you miss me?"

"Don't  flatter yourself, they were the only seats left."
I said, sitting down in the middle of Theo and Pansy across from Mattheo, Enzo and Astoria, not even daring to look at that ugly face.

Why the fuck is Astoria getting so close to Mattheo? I looked up from the table to see him smirking at me.

"Jealous Nott?" he said, still smirking at me.

Did he read my mind or something?

"Not one bit," I scoffed " And i'd wipe that smirk of your face before I do it for you." i said sternly, making him scowl at me.

" i said sternly, making him scowl at me

Dumbledore had finished sorting the first years into their houses and it was time for everyone to go to their first class.

Since it's a new year, no one knows where their class is, who is in the class or who you're sat next to. I had defence against the dark arts with professor umbridge. luckily, Theo, Pansy and Enzo had the same timetable this whole year but unluckily, so did Riddle.

I made my way to dada with pansy by my side and the boys trailing along behind them.

"Do you like Riddle?" Pansy asked me.

"Um do I fuck? What made you say that?"

"I don't know it's just you did look a little bit jealous when he sat next to Astoria." she said.

"I'm  not fucking jealous of that bitch! I fucking hate her!" I said raising my voice.

"sorry" I continued, messing with my hands.

"it's fine, I get it, I think we all hate Astoria" she said laughing.

"yeah" I laughed.

We arrived at dada and stood at the back of the class waiting for umbridge to call out our names for the new seating plan.
"Nott and Pansy" I looked at pansy and giddily smiled at her.

"Not you, your brother." professor umbridge said sternly. I groaned and walked back to the back of the dusty classroom.

"Enzo and Draco"

"Astoria and Blaise"

"Riddle and Nott"

For fucks sakes.

She called out other names as I walked over to the desk umbridge pointed at and sat down on the seat next to the wall.

Mattheo soon followed along and sat down, man spreading and leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest.

i turned my attention towards umbridge but heard her voice slowly fade away as I rested my head in my arms.

I heard someone shouting my name.

"Ella Nott!" "Nott!" over and over again.

"ELLA NOTT!" I jumped up out of my slumber and saw Umbridge stood behind my chair and Mattheo with his hand in my shoulder, shaking me.

I shoved his hand off and looked at umbridge.

"I asked you a question!" she shouted in my face.

"Right, um what was the question again?" I replied with a confused expression.

Suddenly she had the audacity to slap me on the back of the head.
"What the fuck?!" I said under my breath looking at Riddle and putting my hand on the back of my head. All I could see in his eyes was.. pity?

"THATS IT, I DO NOT TOLERATE SUCH LANGUAGE IN MY CLASSROOM." she said whilst grabbing my jumper and dragging me to the door and shoving me away.

"Fucking bitch!" I said loud enough for her to hear and walked off to the common room.

I might as well just skip classes today after all that, I just can't deal with her bullshit.