十三 ; Burn

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

I'm going to get cancelled because of this arc.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

—RENGOKU SLICED UPWARDS, ONLY JUST MISSING HIKARI.

"Those reflexes... incredible!!" Hikari exclaimed as Rengoku missed a second time. She drew her crucifix, the metal point veered towards Rengoku. She drove it forward, managing to penetrate the Hashira's arm.

However, this only barely fazed Rengoku's fighting spirit. He continued to attack Hikari, slashing his blade at her fists as the blood from his wound mixed with Hikari's.

"Those incredible sword skills... you'll lose them too! Doesn't that thought sadden you, Kyojuro-san?" she yells.

"Those are simply aspects of being a human!" Rengoku retorts, continuously cutting Hikari's fists. "Why would it?!"

Tanjiro went to stand up, but was stopped by the Flame Hashira's commanding voice.

"Stay there!!" he calls. "We can't reopen that wound of yours, it'll kill you!"

"Don't concern yourself with him! He's so much weaker than you, why waste an ounce of your care on a child like Tanjiro?!" Hikari screamed. "Show me all your strength, Kyojuro-san!"

Hikari leapt backwards, dodging all of Rengoku's attacks. The air around the two fighters flashed with purple and red simultaneously, almost like a collection of multicolored gunshots.
Suddenly, Rengoku managed to hit Hikari with his blade, and she flew into the nearby forest. The Hashira followed her, only to be greeted by the Upper Rank's sadistic grin as she launched him backwards into the ruins of the Mugen Train.

"Rengoku!!" Tanjiro yelled in shock as the explosion echoed.

"Watch out, Bug-Eyes!!" Inosuke shouted.

Rengoku emerged from the mass amount of dust, leaning on his sword to stand back up.

"Are you sure you'd like to refuse my offer?" Hikari says calmly, sauntering out of the forest. "Think of it this way, if you did we could spar with each other endlessly. Imagine how much stronger we'd become!"

Hikari regenerated her arm for a second time, its skin now completely exposed without her sleeve.

"Never." Rengoku says strongly. "Let me make this clear. I do not like you. And I will not become a demon!"
The swordsman stands up to his full height, drawing his sword and narrowing his eyes before flying at Hikari.

"Flame Breathing, third form! Blazing Universe!"

The flames seared through Hikari, and she gasped in awe. Her wound closed almost immediately, and she laughed at Rengoku's indomitable will.