十二 ; Crash

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

I'm a little scared of receiving backlash for what's going to happen soon. 😬
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

—TANJIRO HIT THE CONDUCTOR WITH HIS SWORD, his breath hitching as his wound bleeds through his uniform.

"Did you- protect me?" Hikari struggled for words. "A-are you okay?"
'Nobody's tried to protect me from harm like he has... why would he, of all people, want to protect me?'

"I'm fine." Tanjiro struggles for breath, reaching down to pick up the now-unconscious conductor and dragging him away from the place on the floor that was the demon's hidden neck.

"Let that bastard rot! He just tried to kill you!" Hikari retorts in an attempt to stop him.

"I can't just... leave him to die!" Tanjiro argues.

"Fine, whatever! I don't care about him, anyway! We have to kill this demon soon, or the others won't survive!" Hikari calls as she cuts away more appendages.

"I hear you. Let's hurry, then." Tanjiro says, his voice weak.

The two of them stood opposite each other, slicing the appendages as more grew from the edges of the compartment walls and closed in on them. They jumped through the snaking masses, cutting them with ease with Tanjiro much slower than Hikari.

"Kyoudo-san! Let's combine our strength!" Tanjiro says. "Once we've synchronized our breathing, we'll attack as one!"

Hikari nodded, and the pair slashed at more appendages before leaping out of the now-still compartment and looking down at it. Before they could even devise a plan, the masses grew to a towering height and caused the two to leap upwards and run across them, all the while driving their blades through the appendages and dodging their attacks.

As the two jumped and fell, Lower One's army of eyes reopened across the flesh pillars. Tanjiro panicked, but his worry immediately ceased as Hikari jumped from one pillar to another, slashing the eyes and rendering them as useless as a corpse.

"Don't worry about the spell, Tanjiro. Just focus on Lower One's neck!" she calls, leaping off the pillar and falling directly above the place where the demon's neck was.

"Sky Breathing... fifth form... Spotless Sky!"

Hikari drove her sword through and across the flesh protecting the demon's neck, watching as its remaining mass disintegrates and fully disappears.

She managed to stay unscathed, and leapt out of the way as Tanjiro delivered the final blow using his Hinokami Kagura technique.

'The Kagura! Shit! I've got to get away before it-'