Vol 2 - Pause (4)

Start from the beginning

Just like Phillip Gordon. In the end, his mother still failed to connect with Phillip Gordon. So, in Ash's memory, the nobles are in a completely different world that cannot be connected with ordinary people.

But leaving all that big things aside, Karlyle has taken everything Ash gave him seriously.

Karlyle's face when showing him around the mansion while holding the rose bouquet in his arms, or the faint smile on Karlyle's lips after accepting the Oyster card from Ash.

As he recalls those things, his heart aches, his longing becomes even deeper.

The white hands that held out the purple flower bouquet to him, the gaze avoiding strangely as if hesitating when Ash kissed him, the strong body that flushed with heat, and many other things that make up Karlyle have filled Ash's mind to the point of dizzying.

Ash wonders how he could have survived the whole last month without seeing Karlyle. The emotion that he realizes late now burns quietly like an unquenchable fire and envelops him.

He misses Karlyle so much. Impatience slowly rises inside him.

"It seems that Ash has changed a bit."

Upon hearing Nick's words, Ash manages to bring the thoughts that have gone elsewhere back to reality. This has happened too often since Karlyle left. Ash said that he wasn't thinking anything, but he was actually missing Karlyle unconsciously.

"Me?"

"Yes. I have felt it since you came to our house, but your relaxed aura seems to have disappeared."

"I thought I always did my best when I met you, Nick."

There is no trace of missing the past anymore. He talked about the bitter past with no special emotions. There is no joy of recalling the memories or nostalgia. Nick grins with his fang showing.

"Still, in the corner of my heart, you always seemed very relaxed... There is no such thing now."

Ash laughs quietly. Slowly, he blinks his eyes, pondering Nick's words.

"You think so?"

"Well, I meet a lot of people due to my job. So my eyes are very accurate."

"No wonder you are a lawyer with a high winning rate."

Having a casual conversation, they go up the stairs.

"It'll be fine."

After a moment of silence, Nick speaks up.

"Are you giving me some hints, Nick?"

"I don't have that ability."

Slightly raising his eyebrows and staring straight ahead, Nick turns to look at Ash. Footsteps stop.

"Come to think of it, I used to not be able to afford the time to deal with Kyle. I mean, rather than being impatient... I was always genuinely concerned and could not help but look after Kyle without being able to relax. When things are related to Kyle, everything else gets pushed back."

That is why he broke up with other lovers so quickly every time. Saying so, Nick smiles slowly. With a very happy face.

"So... what I'm saying is that everything will be fine."

Nick shrugs and takes a step down the stairs. Ash gently opens his eyes, looking at Nick's back as he is leading the stairs, then he opens his mouth.

"Nick."

Nick looks at him with puzzled eyes.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy. I haven't been able to say that"