Chapter twenty-three

Start from the beginning

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, FROG FACE?!" The shitty bastard yelled from his spot in the back half of the bus.

Asui turned to me and pointed at Bakugo over her shoulder. "See," she said, as if his outbursts explained it all, which it really did.

"No arguments on that observation here," I told her, fiddling with the voice modifier hanging around my neck.

"Call me Tsuyu," the girl decided. I only nodded in response.

"No one wants your shitty opinion, Mind Freak!" The blond screamed, turning his anger on me.

"Hey, beat up any quirkless kids lately?"

"SAY THAT AGAIN! I'LL POUND YOU!" the explosive teen screamed, standing up and grabbing onto the railing in front of him to yell at me.

It was my turn to look to the girl with the frog quirk and point at Bakugo with a 'see' motion.

"We're here," Ida called out, his arm moving in a robotic motion. "Everyone look sharp now!"

We all filed off of the bus in the same organized chaos that we had used to get on before with everyone pushing and shoving as pieces of their costumes knocked into one another. I just stayed in my seat and waited for all of the idiocy to pass by before following the last of them out, and into the facility.

I couldn't stop the way that my breath caught at the sight before me. We were on a higher level and had a clear view of all of the disaster zones from the moment that we walked in. There were floods and rocks, wilderness and fire, and even a small collapsed city. And I felt so small looking at it all, so inconsequential in the face of it all.

"Every disaster and accident that you could possibly imagine, it's all here," a new voice said. I spun at the sound of the voice and found what looked to be a walking astronaut coming towards us. "I built this facility myself. I call it the 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint'."

USJ, cute.

I could hear the sarcasm in my thoughts.

While the zero gravity girl gushed about the space hero, the two pro heroes whispered to one another, something that Mr. Aizawa didn't seem to like it as the teacher's expression became decidedly more upset than it had been before. "Whatever, let's just get started," he decided.

"Before we do," the other Pro Hero started, "I have one or two points," the hero said, holding up two fingers, "... or three... or..." I stopped listening as the fourth finger went up.

The hero started by explaining their quirk, how it can suck and tear anything apart. The space hero went into a long rant about the dangers of quirk, how they can save but just as easily kill, but I didn't listen as much as I probably should've. Really the quirk balance that they were talking about was the premises that villians operated on. Most of them have quirks that could easily save people or be used in jobs if they chose to use them that way, but they don't. Villains choose to use their abilities to hurt others. As someone with a quirk that everyone already thought to be villainous, I was probably one of the only hero students in our group that didn't need to listen to speech.

The space hero had just finished their speech with a bow when a sick feeling crept down my spine and I saw Mr. Aizawa turned violently to the side.

"Huddle up and don't move!" Our teacher screamed out.

I followed the man's gaze and found a fast growing swirling purple mist opening up in the middle of the courtyard at the center of all of the disaster zones. Tens of strangers surged out of the warpgate before it even had time to open all of the lway, each of them dressed in ratty clothes and most of them wearing masks. Those that didn't seem to have quirks that worked well with combat either on their own or at all, had some type of crude weapon in their hands.