𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Yes, our family went broke".

Woo-jin paused, his eyes softening on the two. "how?" he asked softly as Seon-woo kissed her teeth bitterly.

"Our father was a researcher for a large corporation. He sued for wrongful termination but lost four years later. "he said as Woo-jin sighed, understanding the severity of it all.

"The legal fees from back then tuned into debt. A lot of debt" Seon-woo said bitterly as Woo-jin glanced between the two siblings.

"You can't beat the big companies. The rich always win"

"Don't we know it" Seon-woo mumbled under her breath. Geon-woo nodding before perking up slightly, flipping the meat, eliciting a satisfactory awe from Woo-jin.

"Told you "She said as Woo-jin glanced up at her, a smile tugging at her lips before he mirrored hers with a brighter one. Geon-woo glanced between the two, his chest puffing knowingly as she glanced away, her brows scrunching as Woo-jin did the same.

"When did you start boxing?" Woojin asked as he looked away from the woman to her brother.

"Bout three years ago" he answered. "And you, have you always been a personal trainer?"

"No, I learnt when he told me he wanted to do boxing."

"You're a good sister" Woo-jin said as her heart swelled at his words, a weird feeling pooling in her chest as she smiled gratefully. "When exactly did you both decide to do this?"

"After my military service" Geon-woo said as Woo-jin nodded in understanding.

"And you? " Seon-woo asked, his eyes lifting to her curious ones. "When did you start boxing?"

"I first put on boxing gloves in sixth grade. My dad was on the national team" he said as Seon-woo hummed, impressed.

"That's awesome" Geon-w0o awed. "What is your dad's name?"

"Hong Seong-gein. The Barcelon Olympics Bronze medallist" he said. Seon-woo drew a blank as her brother did the same.

"Do you know him?" Woo-jin asked. The sibling shaking their heads sheepishly.

"Most boxers seem to know him" woojin frowned as they apologised. "Did your dad teach you how to box?" Seon-woo asked as he shook his head, a faraway look encasing him as he denied. " I'm not close to my dad."

"Why not?"

"My dad is never satisfied with anything I do. He won his bronze medal at my age and judges me based on his accomplishments." He said dejectedly as Seon-woo reached over patting his shoulder albeit awkwardly.

"Then did your dad win that bronze medal when he was twenty-five" Geon-woo said but Woo-jin shook his head. "No, twenty- seven"

Both their eyes widened as Geo-woo suddenly flushed in embossment, his whole demeanour suddenly changing as Seon-woo chuckled when her brother suddenly grew shy.

"Well, I apologise then. I'm twenty-five. I'm so sorry'' he apologised, bowing as Woo-jin feigned offence.

"Jeez, you little bastard" he said as Seon-woo laughed while Geon-woo kept apologising.

"And you. How old are you" Woo-jin asked as Seon-woo smirked lightly.

"I'm also twenty-seven" she said as he smiled slightly.

"Really?' he cooed, leaning forward as she cursed, thwacking him as he let out a small cry." Have some manners you cocky bastard".

"We're the same age" he whined as her scowl deepened, ready to attack him again but Geon-woo just lowered her arm before she could.