Rangi looked away for a second and she guaranteed she knew what was coming next.

I accepted it this morning and headed off to their desired meeting location. But Rangi please I beg of you don't try and follow, by even sharing this much with you this whole plan might already be in jeopardy. I know I will be able to meet you at Yancheng's meditation point on the other side of the valley in a week, there I can slip out and we can make a plan then on what to do next.

I promise I will be there. You just have to give me time. If anyone asks, just say I'm still unwell from the smoke of our past two encounters or something else. I don't think they'll even notice. You can have me doing horse stances dawn till dusk. Just please let me do this, I'll learn more and get this all sorted out for good. So no one else will get hurt.

Kyoshi

It felt like she was frozen as she clutched onto the piece of paper tighter, to where she could have ripped it.

"Rangi have you- is everything alright?" Hei Ran asked as she walked into the room to find her daughter frozen in her place. As she approached her Rangi handed her the letter.

Hei Ran took a moment to read it before handing it back to Rangi. "Well I can't say I'm surprised."

"She didn't tell me anything"

"It sounds like she was convinced that you would follow"

"She seemed worried last night, but I thought it was like any other night, what was she thinking?"

"That she had to do this on her own." Hei Ran said calmly.

"Why aren't you more concerned about this?" Rangi asked frantically.

"After reading what she wrote it sounds like for once she has a plan, and intends to follow through with it. I don't think there is anything to be concerned about."

"Yes but-" Rangi tried to find a way to protest, but her mother had a point.

"She has grown stronger since your first expedition together you know. I think she is fully capable of doing this on her own, and I think you know that too"

"Of course I do it's just, I wish she wouldn't do things like this"

"What am I supposed to do now?" Rangi asked quietly. "Now that my job has been suspended for a week"

She has one job. One job. And she failed. Her only job is to protect the Avatar, and now she's Rava only knows where. Doing something Rangi prays isn't utterly illegal or dangerous.

Rangi made a point to send a note to Jinpa asking to meet with him, and plans on filling him in. Lunch with Jinpa was irritatingly similar to the one Rangi had with her mother earlier. More less repeating the same message.

"I know your going to worry about her, and maybe even blame yourself for letting her leave to do something we are all so unsure about" Jinpa began. " Belive when we first started working together it was even more chaotic, ever letter that came in there was immediate action, that was rash and very very poorly thought out."

"I guess, but still she did she tell you anything, did she tell anyone?" Rangi argued.

"It sounded like she was acually taking some precautions for once"

"Precautions, what do you mean precautions? She just left to go infiltrate a spirit cult gathering thing without any warning."

"She knew that you would follow-"

"That's still no excuse" Rangi interrupted. "Rangi we both know that no matter what she told you, no matter what kind of deal she would try and arrange if she told you before hand you would have left at the drop of a hat."