Chapter 23: First Date Plans

Start from the beginning

The boy nodded as he pressed Ja'lia's body up against one of the trees and brought his head down to capture her lips in a slow and sweet kiss. Ja'lia had initially been stunned, but she quickly returned the kiss as she brought her hands up to cup Lo'ak's cheeks.

It was official.

Kissing Lo'ak was her new favorite thing to do. However, before the kiss could continue, a low whistle brought the two out of their moment, and they both looked to see Neteyam smirking at them.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Neteyam teased, and at that moment, Ja'lia wished she could sink into a hole and never return.

"Go away, Neteyam. We're busy," Lo'ak said, glaring at his older brother.

Neteyam raised an eyebrow at Lo'ak's statement before a playful smile made its' way onto his face, "I can see that you're busy, but you might want to do it somewhere a little more private," He shrugged.

Ja'lia moved her body off the tree and sighed as she realized that while they were mostly protected behind the palm trees, people could still see them if they wanted to. The girl grabbed Lo'ak's hand and pulled him along with her.

"Come on, Lo'ak. It's getting late anyway," She sighed before glaring at Neteyam, who smiled smugly at her.

Begrudgingly, the teen boy followed Ja'lia before he slapped his brother on the shoulder as they passed him. Lo'ak was disappointed that he was interrupted in the middle of kissing Ja'lia, but maybe it was for the best because the boy didn't want to get in trouble with his Dad for not telling him where he was disappearing off to.

After a couple more minutes of walking, the two teens finally made it back to the pod and saw that everyone was still awake. Kiri was making a new outfit for Tuk while the little girl carefully instructed her on how she wanted her outfit to look.

Tuk could be very demanding when she wanted to be.

However, when Tuk noticed that Ja'lia had returned, she ran over to her, and pulled her out of Lo'ak's grasp, causing the boy to latch on to Ja'lia again, this time his grip more firm.

"What are you doing, Tuk?" Lo'ak asked.

"I want to show Ja'lia the outfit Kiri's making me," Tuk smiled, and slowly Lo'ak let go of Ja'lia's wrist so that his little sister could show his girlfriend her new outfit.

Girlfriend?

Where did that even come from?

They had kissed three times, and said that they loved each other, but did that mean that they were now boyfriend-girlfriend? He hadn't even taken her out on a date yet, so how could they be together without him doing the first step in starting their relationship?

Where would he take her out on a date? Did she want to go on a date with him? Lo'ak internally slapped himself when the last question ran through his mind. Of course, Ja'lia would want to go on a date with him. Lo'ak just had to come up with what they were going to do, and then he would ask her out, but that was the problem.

He'd never done something like this before. Lo'ak was only sixteen years old. Wooing a girl wasn't something he was exactly an expert at. And it's not like he could ask Neteyam because Neteyam hadn't asked a girl out either.

The only person Lo'ak who would be able to help him plan out a date for him and Ja'lia was his Dad. Lo'ak looked over to see his two parents sitting beside each other as they talked and laughed.

He had to ask Jake for his help, and this made the boy nervous, however, this was what he wanted to do for Ja'lia, so he had to push his feelings aside to make her happy.