Don't Leave Me Behind

This chapter is pretty much fanservice and shameless, ignorant fluff. With heartache and, well, almost-bad stuff at the end. Enjoy! XD

~

*Inner Thoughts (In First-Person Perspective)*

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

//Yuugi to Yami/Atemu Mind link//

\\Yami/Atemu to Yuugi Mind link\\

o.o.o.o.o

Kurushitte itte kure yo 
Sabishitte itte kure yo 
Mukae ni iku donna tokoro hemo 
Ika nai de yo doko he mo 
Oite ka nai de

Bokura zutto futari de hitotsu darou?

Soundless Voice by Kagamine Len

(Snippet of full song)

o.o.o.o.o

Warm arms wrapped around Yuugi's torso, and under the crook of his knees. He shivered, freezing cold. With a sleepy murmur, the pale boy turned and burrowed deeper into the source of the warmth. He felt himself being lifted, and carried bridal style.

He vaguely registered being placed on a mattress, while the warm figure that had been carrying him sat beside him. He reached out, eyes still tight shut, and grabbed what he was guessing was an arm. The weight beside him shifted, and the arms wrapped around his chest. Murmuring tiredly, still trembling, the boy wrapped his own limbs around the person, and buried his face in a solid chest.

He recognized this body. The strong arms, and toned chest. The scent of cinnamon and ancient, sun-baked sands. The deep sigh of content and affectionate rumble of laughter that echoed in his head. The steady beat of a heart, in complete sync with his own.

//Atemu...?// he thought drowsily, shifting in a more comfortable position.

\\Shh, Aibou,\\ was the tender reply. \\Sleep.\\ Obliging happily, Yuugi allowed the scent of the desert and exotic spices to lull him back into dreams...

o.o.o.o.o

A shutter and click of a camera is what woke the two several hours later. Atem tensed at once, Yuugi felt. To keep his comfort from moving away any further, he wrapped his thin arms around the Darkness' strong shoulders, with a cute groan of protest and a disrupted expression on his cherubic face. He'd been having such a wonderful dream, too...

Atemu hesitated, before removing the pajama-sleeved arms from his body. Yuugi squinted open bleary lavender eyes, and let a pout cross his face. He looked up to see Anzu, Honda, and Jounouchi holding a digital camera, grinning devilishly.

"That's a keeper!" Jou declared with a chuckle. Yuugi saw his other half scowl with murderous intent at the three. He rubbed his eyes, yawning. "Wh.. What is?" he murmured, blinking sleep from his large eyes.

Anzu gave what sounded like a 'squee'. "Only the cutest picture of you two ever taken! You look like a couple, snuggled up like that!" Yuugi's eyes snapped open, and he blushed. "W-We aren't a couple! We're fr-friends!" he stammered. They hadn't discovered his affections for the other man, had they?

Yuugi spent that moment fretting so much, that he missed the devastated expression of the Egyptian at his side, while he gazed down at his hikari. It vanished quickly as it came, replaced with a plastered-on smile. "S-So, Aibou," Atemu spoke up, a slight tremor to his voice ('Odd', Yuugi thought), "Want to go to Burger World and the arcade with us this afternoon?" Yuugi felt his eyes widen.