Chapter 1 🏎️

ZARIYA

Los Angeles is my home for the past 5 years and now I need to leave this place to go back to my hometown, Monaco. My father just died a month ago and before he died he asked me to return and live there. I don't want to but I don't have a choice since I just got fired from my job and since the living expenses here in Los Angeles are high and even though I could afford it. I can't risk wasting my money paying rent especially since I have a 4 year old daughter. I can save money by staying in Monaco since I don't need to pay rent and I can continue the bakery that my father left behind.

It's been 3 weeks since we moved back to Monaco. Lia and I are walking to buy some groceries.

"Mommy!" Lia called me while we were walking

"Yes, baby?" I asked her with a smile

"Can you buy me ice cream later?" she asked me with her puppy eyes

"Well if you behave, I'll buy you later okay?" and I pat her head

"Thank you, Mommy, I love you," she said with a smile on her face

"I love you too baby, always" and I kissed her cheeks

While waiting for the green light I suddenly saw him. Charles is here. It's been 5 years since I saw him. 5 years since he broke my heart. 5 years since he left me hanging. And 5 years since he left me without even knowing that he got me pregnant.

And here he is. The man whom I was trying to avoid. Staring at me from the other side of the road. He look at me with a shocked face when he saw me holding Lia's hand. His shocked face turned into confusion.