Targaryen Prince arrived in black armor that was so clean that it shone. The servants rubbed it for a very long time from blood and dirt, so that every time he looked beautiful. His moonlight-coloured hair was long and showed against his armor. A large sword hung from his belt and inspired fear. Behind him were several guards in the same beautiful armor with a dragon banner. Their army really inspired fear and admiration for the beauty of the armor. Even their horses were richly dressed, their horseshoes shone and seemed to be made of silver. The man looked pathetically at his opponents. He haughtily raised the point of his chin up and waited for them to speak.

- Aemond, - the king cleared his throat, - I have a favorable condition for you.

- What, stupid king? - Aemond said with a laugh, - Decided to give up?

- No, - Alfred answered more rudely than he meant to and bit his lip. He must not disrupt the negotiations. Alfred looked anxiously at Uhtred next to him, and he nodded to him as a sign of support, so that he continued, - I ask for autonomy. We will obey you, but we will not change the laws and will not accept your faith.

Aemond laughed, and his guards took up the laughter behind him. Everything mixed up in an unpleasant sound that made my head hurt. King Alfred winced. When Aemond laughed, his crooked teeth were exposed, many were black. Inside the black is not only his teeth, but also his soul.

- Did I say something funny? Alfred asked. He wanted to kill the prince in front of everyone and put an end to the insufferable boy who was fit to be his son. But he must keep calm.

- Yes, what can you offer in return? Do you think we'll just leave? You shook my nerves, we have been holding your fortress for several months now, everyone wants to go home. We won't leave with nothing.

- Our land will be yours. We will supply you with as much harvest as you want. You will be able to trade with us... And the entrance to the sea is completely yours. We'll pay tribute, I'll give you a ransom as much as you want.

- I want your land, - Aemond interrupted, - You yourself barely have enough crops now, your people are dying of hunger. We need to expand our kingdom, and your miserable chests of gold will not meet our needs. I could kill you on the spot, - Aemond took out a sword, to which Uhtred and his brothers did the same, - But I don't think that then the doors to the fortress will be opened for us anyway and we will be here for some more time. I will lose more people. I don't want unnecessary spending. You are kind of boyaguz, but kind of bold. A strong-willed old man. The pride of your people kills and delights me. Others would have given up long ago. You know, that's what, I'm going to talk with you, but on my terms. I already want to stop it faster.

Alfred looked relieved and almost smiled. Can he drive them away? He is ready to give as much gold as he likes, but keep the kingdom and himself.

- What do you want? - he asked.

Aemond thoughtfully looked up at the sky and screwed up his eyes against the sun.

- My mother tells me it's time to get married. I agree with her, I need an heir to continue the annexation of lands. Give me your daughter. I will marry her, and our child will rule your lands after your death. You will receive temporary autonomy and we will leave without touching you

Alfred opened his mouth, but then fell silent. On the one hand, it is very advantageous. Who knows, maybe Aemond will die and then the contract will be terminated. Anyway, now there is no choice. But there is one problem...

- I don't have a daughter. In fact, my daughter is already married...

The king mumbled under his breath.

- Then go out and wait until everyone dies of hunger, - Aemond waved his hand.

Alfred bit his lip, but it suddenly dawned on him.