She moves her head carefully so that's she's facing me.

"No....thank you for making me a mom...."

She half smiles, her eyes still not able to stay open.

"...you're finally a dada, Chris...but what if s-she isn't a girl?" She has anxiousness dancing in her eyes, I simply smile and rub my thumb on her cheek.

"Baby, if he's a boy, I'll be over the moon either way with just being a dad."

"But you wanted a girl," Y/n takes another deep breath.

I smile softly and lean closer to her ear, "Who says this is our only baby?"

She smiles and I smile big, giving her big kiss on the cheek, after lowering my mask once again.

"Okay, you two! Look at your baby."

He holds the baby above the blue barrier. They're perfect.

"Oh my god, honey, look." I try to get Y/n's attention again.

She looks at the small baby, a baby her and I made. And she's smiling.

"C'mon Doc, tell me, I'm almost fainting from the anticipation."

"Alright, alright..."

He lifts them up again for us to see.

"Congratulations guys, you have a beautiful baby boy."

He showed us one last time, and I fell in love with him instantly. He's so small, but so beautiful and strong just like his mom.

"Y/n," I shake her a bit to wake her up, realizing she fell asleep again and didn't hear the amazing news that I wanted to run out and scream to the world.

I was practically jumping up and down inside, filled with joy.

"Hmm?" She's so groggy.

"Guess what, sweetheart? You were right, it's a boy. A boy!" I smile, happy tears falling from my eyes.

"A baby boy?" Y/n whispers again, as if she's trying to process what I said.

"It's a boy, baby, yeah." I nod my head. "He looks just like you."

Y/n uses her other hand to take her oxygen mask off.

"Kiss me, Chris." She says weakly, but I only have to be told once.

I lower my mask again and bend down to kiss her lips, gently a couple times because I miss kissing her with everything that's happened. And it's like that's exactly what she needed for a boost of energy.

We were so overwhelmed with joy, about having a son. That Y/n realized something. There was no crying.

"Chris, why isn't he crying?!" She asks me, pain in her eyes.

"I-I don't know—"

"—go, Chris, go be with him. Stay with him."