❝︎CHAPTER THIRTEEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 her transfiguration class, listening to McGonagall speak, telling them how they were going to learn how to transform animals into water goblets. Juniper watched in awe as McGonagall showed them how to successfully do it before walking over to Ron, making him be the first one to attempt it. In a way, it worked, but his rat was still squeaking and it's tail was still moving. It's like he half transformed it.

As McGonagall walked away from Ron, Hermione raised her hand. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione couldn't meet McGonagall's eyes as she asked the question.

McGonagall paused for a moment before giving in. "Very well." The class grew quiet as they listened intently to her. "Well, you all know that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who," Ron muttered, glancing at Harry.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. Unable to swat the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione answered.

McGonagall nodded at her. "Well, naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

McGonagall began to walk away, but Hermione stopped her, unsatisfied. "Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?"

"The chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

"Well," Juniper said, folding her hands together with a fake smile on her face, "that's comforting."

As the class came to an end, Juniper was quick to head out with the other three following behind her. Ron was the first to speak up. "Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?"

"After what we discovered last year, I'd believe anything at this point." Juniper answered.

"Couldn't you tell?" Hermione asked. "McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are."