❝︎CHAPTER TWELVE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐌𝐮𝐝𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐑 Juniper saw Harry or Ron until Herbology the next morning. Juniper stood there beside of Hermione. The two hadn't really spoken a word since the train and it was because of Juniper actively avoiding eye contact with Hermione. She didn't realize how guilty she would feel when she saw Hermione in person. Part of her was hoping that Hermione wouldn't notice or that she wouldn't care and even if Hermione pretended not to care, Juniper could see right through her. Harry and Ron was standing across from the two.

     "Morning, everyone." Professor Sprout entered the room. She was a short and stout woman with a kind smile on her face and greying hair.

     "Good morning, Professor Sprout." The class collectively replied.

     "Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes." In front of every student was a pot with leaves sticking out from the top. Professor Sprout turned around to grab her own pot before placing it in front of her. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Slowly both Juniper and Hermione raised their hands. Professor Sprout smiled at the two before nodding towards Hermione. "Miss Granger."

     "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have be petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione explained with a smile.

     "Excellent. 10 points to Gryffindor." Harry and Ron sent Hermione a smile and Juniper focused on her Mandrake. "Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away? Quickly." They all did as their Professor asked. "Flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly you pull is sharply up out of the pot. . ." High pitched crying fell from the baby Mandrake and even with the earmuffs on Juniper had to press her hands to her ears. "Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm."

     The sound of someone falling to the ground made them turn their heads. Neville laid there, passed out on the floor. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs," Professor Sprout sighed.

     Seamus shook his head. "No, ma'am, he's just fainted."

     "Yes, well, just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up."

Immediately the room was filled with screaming Mandrakes. Juniper glanced around, rolling her eyes when she saw Draco put his finger towards the screaming Mandrake's mouth but smirking in amusement when the Mandrake bit down causing him to wince as he tried to pull his finger free. Noticing her looking at him, Draco glared at her and Juniper continued to smile in amusement. As the class came to an end, Juniper grabbed her things and made her way to the next class.