Chapter 4 - 1st Kei's Point of View

Comincia dall'inizio

I had proposed the idea for the guys and girls to separate camps. During the class discussion, I attacked whoever I could target with insults and beckoning, mostly the ones who are quite and have weak presence. I accused anyone and everyone and I did not really care about the truth. All I wanted was to save my image and position. One of the people whom I targeted was a guy named, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, whom I thought was a plain and harmless guy.

When the island special test ended, I heard that Horikita found the underwear thief, it was Ibuki from Class C. I felt guilty because Horikita was one of the people I attacked when my position was being threatened. I went to apologize to her and thank her as well.

Everything that had happened in the island test had triggered me so much more than I was prepared for. I came to this school because I wanted to change. I was cold and empty and I wanted to stop being like that. However, I could not change in the end. 

I became a parasite and I attached myself to Hirata. I pretended to be someone else that I am not. However, I cannot go back anymore. I had to see through what I started until the very end. I had to keep being the bitchy leader of the girls.

Then another special test was held in the cruise ship on our way back to the school campus. I was forced to be separated from Hirata and my female friends. With no armor and shield to cover and protect myself, I had to becareful not to trigger anyone. I did not even target Ibuki who stole my underwear. However, my cautiousness was futile because I was instead haunted by something that I did long time ago.

The students from Class C intimidated me and I had to immediately look for a host amongst the people in the group that I was in, the Rabbit group. The one I found the most suitable to be a host was a student from Class A. However, the moment I got separated from him, the Class C students took me somewhere and almost bullied me again but a guy from my class stopped it, it was Yukimura who was also with Ayanokoji.

However, I expected too much from them that I got disappointed with how lax and weak they were. I was so disappointed I ended up being rude towards them. I went ahead and ask for Hirata's help, however, as I thought, he won't be able to help me in this type of situations. He hates conflict and wishes harmony more than anything. But he does not understand that what Manabe wants is not my apology but the fun in hurting someone else.

I was already desperate and I was panicking. I know that once the bullying starts, it would follow me until the very end and I just cannot allow that to happen. However, no one was helping me.

Then the thing I feared the most finally happened, it is the start of the bullying. Manabe and her friends appeared to the place where I and Hirata agreed to meet. I couldn't call for anyone's help as there was no signal. 

I couldn't escape. Manabe and her friends proceeded to bully me and even though I was giving the apology that they were initially asking from me, it had no effect because that was not really what they truly wanted. Hirata did not appear in the end.

'Did he abandon me?'

After they bullied me, I had no other choice but to cry it out as I relive the trauma all over again. Then someone appeared and saw me in my weakest state yet at this school, it was Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

I discovered that he is actually not a plain and harmless guy. He is actually full of darkness. He did not say much but he forced me to look into his scary eyes which was sending me the message that he could kill a person without hesitation. I was certain that rather than being harmless, he is the most dangerous person in this school. I felt a strong fear and anger towards him and I was weak and powerless. But I tried to act strong to the best of my ability.

However, in the end, he proposed to protect me from Manabe in exchange for my cooperation to help him in getting Class D to reach Class A. I was so desperate that I accepted his offer. Hirata won't be able to help me after all and I had no other person to rely on. Ayanokoji also had successfully blackmailed Manabe and her friends which means that I already had the assurance that I won't be attacked by them any longer.